67-Year-Old Steve Martin

Shaping Up

For My Newborn Baby

2/15/2013 7:55 AM PST BY Johnny Lopez

0215_steve_martin_INF
Hoping to stay alive long enough to see his newborn kid graduate elementary school, 67-year-old Steve Martin worked on his fitness by hitting the road on his workout bike this week.

Martin's rep just confirmed that the actor's 41-year-old wife Anne Stringfield gave birth to their first child back in December ... but the couple hasn't revealed the sex or name of the child.

Whether it's a son or daughter, he's now working out for two.

stu

Hemroids acting up again Stevie?

Puffy B.

I'd hate to see the comments if SHE was 67 years old.

Marilyn

I would not want HIM for my father!
His money yes but such an old guy as my Dad is an embarrassment in the playground & school yard.
Steve @ a nursing home yes,
@ an elementary school no.

Phishie from Philly

Steve will live as long as George burns did

Leighton

There's proven data that shows babies who were conceived with father's 40 are more likely to suffer from mental illnesses, particularly schizophrenia.

msteve

It doesn't matter how much shaping up he does he will not live to have the same experiences mosey children have with their parents. It's good that he is having a child but sad that the child won't have him for long. For the people saying he's leaving a legacy and money behind I can tell you this from personal experience that I would give all the money I have and all the money in the world to have my dad back (whom I lost at 15) money isn't a replacement for a dad or any parent.

northern gypsy

hey steve...no amount of biking will prepare you for the "terrible two's" etc...etc...these two (parents) are clueless...good luck...you'll need it !!!

chacalosa

Congratulations!! Im sure the baby will be fine and Steve will be around to witness his growth into adulthood. Honestly that child will have a different perspective than all his peers because of his parents age difference but im sure it will be for the better.

Michelle

His back gave out lol. y'all should checkout www.thegrandreport.com too, they usually have some good reads as well

V

The baby is a blessing and things happen for a reason. Congrats!

justchrys1

Maybe he didn't think he could get his wife pregnant at his age. Maybe it wasn't on purpose. I think people blame him without knowing the story. A baby is still a blessing.

Billy Bob

"WHAT THE F**K WAS I THINKING?!!"

Pudding Tang

Probably had plenty of energy making the baby though!

Truth

PUT SOME SPIKES ON THE ROAD ALREADY... DUDE AINT MAKING IT UP THE HILL. THOT STEVIE BOY WAS FILMING A COMEDY FOR A MOMENT. #TRUTH!!

msteve