Eve

Backtracks Poorly

from Britney Spears Slam

2/17/2013 2:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0217_eve_still

Eve
is trying to distance herself from the comments she made about Britney Spears on the new will.i.am song, but her argument just doesn't make any sense.

Eve was a guest on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" last week ... where she questioned whether Britney really provided the British-accented voice on "Scream & Shout." Britney's people called Eve's claim "absolute BS."

Today in DC, our photog asked Eve about her comments, to which she replied, "I didn't say anything about her singing. I said something about her British accent. We know it's Britney Spears singing the song. I never said anything."

Here's the thing though ... if you listen to the song -- which unfortunately we did -- 90% of Britney's appearance on the song is the British accent. She only "sings" for a few seconds at best.

jabberjaws

Eve?

talynn0725

I never thought Britney had much talent... but i do like some of her music, including this new song. And i wish eve would come back and take nicki minajs place. then people would understand y she can have an opinion.

kcv

Do you guys do any real research, or do you just go by what you "hear"!?!?! Even though you are a gossip site, you used to be at least the most reliable, now you're becoming "In Touch". She is CORRECT...the day you posted that story on TMZ I posted a comment stating that she was talking about the "British Accent" not the singing. I saw the show that night, Andy asked her what she thought of the accent Brit uses in the speaking part, she stated "I heard that was not her". Had NOTHING to do with the singing, The very next day TMZ reports "Eve says brit did not sing new single", that's just really a lie and bad reporting. Damn, TMZ do the right thing and correct yourself...and stop trying to make Eve look like a hater.

John

"The whole song is just a giant, auto-tuned mess anyway ... so really, who cares?"

Maybe the 4 million people worldwide who have already purchased the song...? Considering it's the best selling song of 2013 so far ;)

aurora.l

The only reason people like it is because of Will I am. And that's it.

Tgwills

I like the song. I have never been a fan of Eve and Brittney cant sing at all. Just saying....

HumanNature

THAT'S AN "AWFUL" SONG!!!!!

will.i.am

YOU WILL NEVER BE "KING"!!!!

bigfranklittle

So TMZ is posting articles that ends with who really cares. I think that is hilarious!

juicyyellabone

Idiots dont knw who the fck eve is omgggggggg has got to be a joke right ummm ruff ryders swizz beats dre dmx gwen steffani cmon people she does look different 2013 get real sheezz

Spicy mag

Madonna put voodoo on Britney. It was all down hill after that kiss.

VelvetChocolate

I personally like the song...

TheBestHeEverHad

A list of people who can't sing, but people will go broke trying to see them perform: 1. Beyawnce 2. Britney S 3. Jess S 4. Janet J and the list goes on. No one wants to admit it, but they can't sing to save their lives.

cali323

Is this look why black men go into a closet? Cuz men and women look the same minus the wig and lipstick.

Phil

Thats the hottest song out there right now.

haters will be haters.

Colleen

I didnt know Eve was even still on the D List...why does her opinion even matter

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments