McCready's 'Rehab' Co-Star

Grief-Stricken

'The Tragedy Is Astounding'

2/18/2013 1:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

021813_mackenzie_phillips_npg
Mindy McCready's "Celebrity Rehab" co-star Mackenzie Phillips could hardly speak today in L.A. after news broke of McCready's suicide -- claiming, "The tragedy is just astounding."

A visibly upset Phillips said, "She was my friend. She was a really good person. I loved her very much."

She added, "[Mindy] was funny. She was smart. She was loving. She was kind. She was incredibly talented ... I'm in grief and it's very raw."

McCready and Phillips were roommates on the 3rd season of "Celebrity Rehab" with Dr. Drew in 2010, and remained friends.

As we reported, McCready was found dead at her home in Arkansas yesterday after suffering what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. She was 37.

VictoriaGirl

A "really good person" doesnt kill an innocent animal. Also, mackenzie is a complete whack job ( telling the world she had a sexual relationship with her father, after he died and couldnt defend himself).

SMASHED

I'm not referring to Mac but I'd just like to give a "shout out" NOT to all the phony fake celebs who expressed their opinions regarding Mindy. Not a one of you reached out in her time of need and lent her a shoulder to cry on, a person to sit beside, someone to be with so she wouldn't have to be alone. You all know who you are.

As far as Roger Clemons. Come on man. You were messing with her since she was 15 and I don't know where you all come from but where I come from, that's against the law. I hear that lasted ten years.

Lastly, to her mother. She's dead. All I can say is I grateful you weren't my mother. I despise you.

RIP Mindy. I'd like to think you took your dog out because in your heart, you knew nobody would come to his rescue if you were dead. I'd like to think you saved him from being taken to a shelter, scared and missing you and ultimately put to his death.

I hope you found peace. I wish that you kids get adopted to families that offer them only love. Something you weren't lucky enough to know in this world.

RIP. I will remember you always.

whatever

She was in Arkansas, not Alabama.

David

Isn't this the woman who boinked her dad?

dierdre

I agree w/Victoriagirl that a "really good person DOES NOT kill an INNOCENT ANIMAL. And Drugs should NOT be an exuse. Sorry she died, but the woman was weak to have killed herself. and especially to leave to young children behind. My heart goes out to the children & her family.

AliiG

And thats the bitch that laughed at her as she was having a seizure. Haha, but seriously all kidding aside, this is a really sad story...for her children. Never commit suicide people, there is always away out, think of your loved ones you're leaving behind.

Kelly

She sounds completely different without her dad's member in her mouth.

WTF

effing losers exploiting a persons grief

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

Mrugowsky

Now that lady will be most remembered for the whole dog thing.

jmk

I think that 'Celebrity Rehab' should be forced off the air. These are genuinely ill people who deserve better treatment than they are getting on a TV show. 5 deaths in two years is a terrifying statistic.

Majestik

Mackenzie, if you were her FRIEND why weren't you there after the suicide of the father of her youngest? If you are going to go on camera and claim you are all choked up and GRIEF STRICKEN do it when we know you've been helping her out since you befriended each other in 2010. Another "MACKENZIE PHILLIPS" photo op.

Angel

She never did get over the death of her boyfriend. She was suffering and she was hurt from that accident. She tried to do this twice before she appeared on the show.

BOHOE

One Day at A Time

Mazor

Dr. Drew should just change his name to "Dr. Death".

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments