Britney Spears

Getting Close to a

Normal Guy Named David

2/19/2013 5:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0216_britney_spears_golfing_article
We now know the identity of the mystery man who took Britney Spears out for a Valentine's Day dinner and played golf with her over the weekend. He is ... a very normal guy.

His name is David. He works for a law firm -- he's not a lawyer -- does "field research" ... kind of a jack-of-all-trades. He's definitely not a wealthy guy.

David -- who is 27 -- is from Atlanta and does not seem to have significant roots in California.

As for his relationship with Britney ... we're told they met through friends. The pics (above) were taken at the Sherwood Country Club where Britney lives. He's a big golfer and he's teaching her the moves. Britney has actually taken a liking to golf and is thinking about becoming a member of the country club.

As for the Valentine's Day date, it was pretty quick. They were in and out of the sushi joint in less than a half hour. The bill was $60. David tipped $13.

0217_britney_spears_launch
As for whether they're dating ... no one is saying (her reps have been dodging the issue with us for days) but it sure seems that way.

Piper

Good! I hope she finds a good guy. Leave Britney alone.

Laurin

at least shes not a snob who only dates rich dudes

acdude

Think that's the best for any celebrity. Date someone who is not a celebrity. Hope they work out. Taylor. Swift should follow by example

Decker

So who's Harvey levin dating? It'd be more interesting.

DiM

Wow ...doesnt take her too long to move on to another.

acdude

Peaple still talk **** about Britney. She is one of a few that turned her life around. I'm rooting. For her. Atleast she is no Lindsay. Or Taylor swift

NOT ELMO

Britney, Me is a regular guy too and me would love to nail you too....................Call me sweetie !

Truth

THIS SH*T WILL END IN BREAK-UP LIKE ALL HER OTHER QUICK BANGS OF THE DAY/WEEK/MONTH. REVERSE GOLD DIGGING AT BEST. YALL KNOW WHEN THE CHIC HAS MORE POWER AND PAPER THE GUY GETS ***** WHIPPED AND LOSES HIS BALLS. THEN GETS ALL DEPRESSED, USELESS, AND SH*T TRYIN TO UNDERMINE THE CHIC'S SUCCESS - AKA WHITNEY AND BOBBAAAYYY. ADD IN BRIT BRIT'S PSYCHO 5150 ISSUES AND YOU'VE GOT A NEW CELEB REHAB REALITY SERIES. POINT BLANK! #TRUTH!!

IKnowthismuch

Does The Totally Mindless Zombies (aka) TMZ feel good about themselves now that the stalked her to find out this guy is?

Diamond Goddess!

I think this dude is just Jason 2.0.
She definitely needs a daily "handler"; because she gets 2 seconds of freedom and immediately goes back to wandering around, dressed weird, shopping, courting the paps, etc.
I think the kook is never too far from Brit, so she really can't be left alone.
I really doubt this is "lurve".

ohreally

Leave this bitch alone already, DAMN

Cricket

Well good for her, I hope it works out for them. She needs some normalcy. Please don't hound this guy. Best wishes to them.

Dave

Hey, Brittney. I have 9" and a great job. How about dating me?

snowboardchick

Good for her. I hope he's a great guy and treats her the way she deserves.

barf

Just grant her some privacy, come on! We all remember her tears in numerous interviews, begging to be left alone. I really feel for her.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments