Mindy McCready

Sheriff: Singer Was NEVER Suspect In BF's Death

2/19/2013 11:53 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0219-mindy-mccready-david-splash
Mindy McCready
was never even remotely suspected of foul play in her boyfriend's death ... despite reports to the contrary -- so says Cleburne County Sheriff Marty Moss.

Reports have been circulating that McCready gave conflicting stories to cops after boyfriend David Wilson's death last month from a fatal gunshot to the head.

McCready said the wound was self-inflicted, but new reports say her story to cops was full of holes ... that she changed her story several times and she was in the crosshairs of the investigation.

Sheriff Marty Moss tells us, that's just not true -- "Mindy never changed her story."

Ross says Mindy was never considered a suspect or even a person of interest in David's death.

As we reported, McCready was found dead at her home in Arkansas Sunday after suffering what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. She was 37.

beayou

What was the guy's motive for killing himself? That would be interesting to know. Mindy had reasons to resent him. Mindy was much smaller, but she could have had help in getting the man to shoot himself or make it look like he did. It's just odd she happened to be there when he shot himself, or shortly afterwards, when they were estranged and no doubt had differences over her wanting custody of their child when she had drug problems. I'm not saying she did it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the cops suspected her more than this sheriff is now letting on. No doubt he wants to close the case out of respect for her family, which is a good motivation.

EasilyHard

This story rots. What about those kids??

Mazor

When is someone going to sue that quack Dr. Drew for all the people he's killing?

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Well at least there's no adding insult to injury as far as her family's concerned. They have a hard enough road ahead without having to deal with that too.

MISSA

You people are so messed up! Oh the poor dog, she shot her dog, the dog didn't deserve that she should have just killed herself and left the dog. F#ck the dog!! Yeah the dog was shot and it shouldn't have but what about her f#cking children she had 2 kids and now they have no mom, dog or dad. You should be ashamed for only thinking of the dog it's the kids you should feel sorry for because they no longer have a mother and one of them no longer has a mom or dad.

HRH Prince Michael

@Missa: Country Music is filled with some real big-hearted, REAL people. Hopefully, some kind of fund can be established for her children.
George, Reba, Alan?

SusanCoyote

Small town - small minds! The people who harassed her should be ashamed! There is no shame in mental illness, she needed help and tried to get it until... a bunch of uneducated hillbillies made her feel guilty.

HRH Prince Michael

@Missa: Without question, the cruel and inhumane comments that you can see here DAILY, are just the
by-product of a once-blessed nation, that has turned it's back on GOD. I hope you take care of that big heart of yours, and I hope that Country Music comes through - for her kids.

HumanNature

KILLING THE DOG WAS UNNECESSARY!!!!!

THEY SAY IF A PERSON KILLS AN ANIMAL THEY WILL KILL A "HUMAN BEING" TOO!!!!

I FEAR THAT IF BOTH OF HER CHILDREN WAS THERE WITH HER, THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN SHOT "DEAD", ALSO!!!!

mop

Marty Moss is a lying sac of ****

Kookla

I don't feel sorry for anyone who takes their own life. Too weak of a human being to fight through depression and problems. I do feel sorry for the dog. He wanted to live. It honestly pisses me off that she took the dogs life.

DanaS

So very tired of people saying "if her kids were there they would probably be dead too".....guess what....the kids weren't there so please stop trying to look into your crystal balls.....let the dead be

tellitlikeitis

well now she will finally sell some cd's. What a Dumb blonde. Oh know now Obama is going to take all the guns from the country stars. Wait? Did mindy kill herself or did the gun follow her to that porch and go off? Hmmmmmm Hmmmmmm If you a a democrazy you would believe that it followed her, if you are like me, then you know SHE BLEW HER BRAINS OUT!

pink13

I pray that none of you who are so cold hearted with your comments never have to face the bottomless pit of darkness that is depression. I was once like you. And then my life turned upside down and it takes every ounce of strength to get up every morning and care for my special needs son who loves me and needs me. He truly is the only reason I don't slit my wrists. I have no support, no family, no friends. I would not be missed. Except for my son. I pray for strength every single day and today was especially tough. I don't know what else to say. RIP Mindy.

Kookla

This woman would rather take the easy way out and kill herself then live for her children and fight through the problems. On top of that she takes the life of an inocent pet. I have no sympathy for her what so freakin ever!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments