Maksim Chmerkovskiy

I'm DONE with

'Dancing with the Stars'

2/22/2013 3:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0222-maksim-chmerkovskiy-article-tmz
Maksim Chmerkovskiy's days of sequin unitards are OVER ... 'cause TMZ has learned the Bad Boy of the Ballroom is officially leaving "Dancing with the Stars."

Sources close to the production tell us ... Maksim spoke with producers a few days ago and informed them that he wouldn't be returning for the upcoming season.

FYI -- the 33-year-old dancer has been on the show since Season 2 (2006) ... and partnered up with stars like Misty May, Laila Ali, Erin Andrews, Kirstie Alley and Mel B.

We're told Maksim wants to stay in the entertainment world ... and is currently pursuing movie and TV projects.

As for Maksim's brother Val -- we're told he WILL return to the show ... so don't worry America, you'll still get your Chmerkovskiy fix.

Linda

Don't need to watch anymore. He was the reason I did. Sad to see him go. :-(

steve

who cares ? he was a self-centered, selfish, blow-hole !!

Carolyne and Kay

We will miss his Butt and watching him DANCEING and not his partner!! That says it all!!!!

MoreCowbell

Probably assigned him another partner that wouldn't get far, like Mama BooBoo. They save the ringers for Golden Boy Derek. so that he's guaranteed a spot in the FInals. I don't blame Maks for being fed up.

Rick Malibu

Maks has turned into a pain in the ass the last few years. Too full of himself.

Lucinda VanOsten

Oh Maxsim, you will be missed. I hope you get some movie and tv roles.

san rafael blue

Good luck to him, though he comes across as very conceited and a non-listener. I could be mistaken.

Janet

Yes, he can get a better gig! I don't know him personally; do any of you who accuse him of being arrogant and of having an overblown ego, know him? Envy and jealousy are very bad traits. He has every right to be proud and satisfied with what he has accomplished so far and there is much more to come! Maks has worked very hard for 17 of his 33 years and he deserves every good project which will be coming his way. He is much more talented than some of you could even imagine. I will still watch the show because I love seeing the dancing, and I want to see what the new Pros do with their choreography. I also want to see Val and Tony dance. If Val and his S-16 partner perform as well as he and Kelly Monaco did, he will be getting all of my votes. I also love Tony, but he just finally won, so I will vote for Val. Back to Maksim, he is a 'born' actor and one of the three most beautiful men on the planet! He is a STAR just waiting to be revealed! Best of luck always, Maksim!!!

Rachel Johnson

Now that makes me sad love watching Maksim dance, very hot, very talented, very gooood..the show won't be the same without him on it. Like loosing your best friend. :(

Claudia

Maks is the only reason I've watched dwts all these years. So if he goes, I go! Frankly, we'll both be free at last. The fix is always in for Derek to get the ringer for the win. It's been painful to see Maks unfairly paired season after season with older women who have no chance of winning. Tony finally winning last season was a breath of fresh air. It's Maks' turn & if the idiot producers of dwts refuse to let that happen, then sexy hot Maks should leave to pursue more satisfying & rewarding goals. But ABC wise up, Maks helped make dwts. Nobody cares about the hasbeen so-called stars. It's the pros that make that show & for many like myself, Maks is the only reason to watch. DONE!

Claudia

It's the pros that make dwts, not the hasbeens they keep signing up to do the show. Maks is the only reason I watch dwts. So if he goes, I go! Frankly, we'll both be free at last! The fix is always in for Derek to have the ringer. While Maks is forever paired with older women with no chance of winning. It's way past time for Maks to win and if those idiot producers won't let that happen, then Maks should leave and pursue more rewarding pursuits. Believe me, it's dwts loss. You can do much better Maks and you will.

Anita

I stopped watching that show since the deal with Palin's daughter was on...besides, they haven't had any celebrities that I knew, on.

txyackinatfish

man that too bad has he ever won on there?

deborah

Just want be the same without you" Maks" I will miss you on dwts' hope to see you on the big screen LOL

WilyCat

This is has all the signs of no contract agreement. DWTS has made a big mistake by not resigning Max.