Steven Tyler

I Spent $5 Mil on Cocaine

2/22/2013 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0222-steven-tyler-tmz
Steven Tyler says he "snorted half of Peru" over the course of his drug-addled rock career -- easily spending at least $5 million on cocaine before he finally kicked the habit.

The Aerosmith singer revealed the drug numbers on Australia's "60 Minutes" this week, saying he spent a fortune on booger sugar as a young rock star ...  "Probably, realistically, 5 or 6 [million], easy ... You could also say I snorted half of Peru, but, you know, it's what we did."

Tyler's been open about his former drug addiction for a while now -- telling Matt Lauer back in 2011, "I needed that cocaine. I needed it." But he said it ruined him, adding, "It took my children away, it took my marriages away. I was on my knees."

Tyler sobered up in the mid 80s but later relapsed. He was diagnosed with Hepatitis C in 2003, which he believes he contracted as a result of his intravenous drug use.

Tyler's been in and out of rehab numerous times, but now considers himself sober.

RoCbaLLa

Helped him make beautiful music..Without it Aerosmith would've been half as great!

rudynjudyjudy

HARVost two face spends more than that a week on cloaks&Timmy`ss

exlax

the nursing home called and said they have room for your mouth

Paul

You go girl.....

exlax

dude looks like a tranny granma

Dr Samuel Weiscrak

That's all??? And he calls himself a Rock Star?

KnuckleDragger

Some people can do that. The rest end up either dead or in the gutter. Tyler must have some damn good genes. Damn!!

bernergirl

Sounds like there is a job stability in providing drugs to Rockers!

crimsonblazer

Ill probably not even make 5 million dollars in my entire life...

awards

That's a good start; Lindsay Lohan spent $30M, eh? Go figure!

rudynjudyjudy

So in other other words everyone whom watched fed his addictions,the best way to treat his addiction is to ban and shun him and black list him and his band so he doesn`t OD and we the people don`t feed his addictions much like people don`t give money to the homeless because they will OD.He doesn`t eat anyway so some addiction is still in action in his life ban him to save him he can`t help himself and dude still looks like a olt hag

Jordan

How much residuals are still in his system?

T

He's lying I bet it was at least twice that much

lcmb

At least it didn't impact his striking good looks.

lol

exlax

near you aerosith is playing nursing homes and re-had centers get your social security checks while they last