Steven Tyler

I Spent $5 Mil on Cocaine

2/22/2013 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0222-steven-tyler-tmz
Steven Tyler says he "snorted half of Peru" over the course of his drug-addled rock career -- easily spending at least $5 million on cocaine before he finally kicked the habit.

The Aerosmith singer revealed the drug numbers on Australia's "60 Minutes" this week, saying he spent a fortune on booger sugar as a young rock star ...  "Probably, realistically, 5 or 6 [million], easy ... You could also say I snorted half of Peru, but, you know, it's what we did."

Tyler's been open about his former drug addiction for a while now -- telling Matt Lauer back in 2011, "I needed that cocaine. I needed it." But he said it ruined him, adding, "It took my children away, it took my marriages away. I was on my knees."

Tyler sobered up in the mid 80s but later relapsed. He was diagnosed with Hepatitis C in 2003, which he believes he contracted as a result of his intravenous drug use.

Tyler's been in and out of rehab numerous times, but now considers himself sober.

Jah36

It's funny how ex-druggies always like to brag about the drugs or amount of drugs that they did. Almost like they think that makes them cool or something. No one cares dude!

Jay

Im gonna guess that Lindsay Lohan snorted the other half of Peru?

Kookla

$5 mil on cocaine? It shows on him

HoTMZ

I don't get how he can get away with admitting an illegal act, just like how Rhiana can get away with posting pics of pot she brags of. So if someone was they killed Somme or robbed a bank, if they're a celebrity there's no problem r is it celebrities get a free pass doing as much drugs as they want?

Kookla

These comments are so funny people write

Parker

We all knew that you idiot.............Thats like Ozzy Osbourne only now admitting hes braindead from drugs! What a fool!

Phishie from Philly

That's it!
Phishie from Philly

Phishie from Philly

It doesn't she!?

Col. Sardonic

Kudos dude. That's a hard habit to kick. More power to ya.

KBurr

Keep it up !! And anybody who has a past knows it may make others feel better if you just don't talk about it but those who forget or act like it didn't ever happen more than likely repeat it!!

PurpleRain

Can I just get 10,000 for a house downpayment?

4reallikecomon

This man snorted more dope than anybody in the world....lmfao

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Steve man you look like a chimpanzee

Menace to society

Should of saved some $$ for better plastic surgery

pzzytat

Is this really something to glamorize, brag about?