Carrie Fisher

HOSPITALIZED

After Bipolar Episode on Caribbean Cruise Ship

2/26/2013 10:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0226-tmz-carrie-fisher
Carrie Fisher
was hospitalized following a bizarre performance on board a Caribbean cruise ship last week -- and her rep tells TMZ, it was all caused by the actress' bipolar disorder.

Video footage surfaced of the performance -- which took place last week on board the Holland America Eurodam in the Caribbean -- showing Carrie slurring a couple off-key songs. Her dog even POOPS AND PEES on the stage while she's singing. It's pretty nuts.

There were reports Carrie -- who was featured on the cruise as a "surprise" celebrity guest -- was wasted at the time of the show ... but her rep says the on-stage breakdown was caused by Fisher's bipolar disorder.

The rep says, "There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher’s bipolar disorder.  She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now."

Carrie -- a recovering drug addict -- has publicly discussed her bipolar disorder in the past. The rep says it's unclear if Carrie will return to perform on the cruise ship again.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

the_truth_hurts

she will never be in the next star wars at this rate

LookInTheSky

Wait- I thought that was Jabba singing. jk

Bif

I wish websites wouldn't post these types of videos. Mental health shouldn't be joked about or gawked at.

DaveT

There are people who have real bipolar conditions but also many who don't and are told they do by incompetent doctors and given pills they don't need, it's also become an excuse for some, particularly stars and celebrities when they do something the public decides they don't like, didn't seem that bad here

tippy katz

poor thing. having a chemical imbalance can be managed if you live carefully. kind of hard to do on a cruise ship.

me

Bipolar is not a disease. It is just an excuse for people, who do not know how to act around other people, to act like a$$e$.

whateveryou

She's had an interesting life. I listened to the audio version of her book that describes her dealing with this problem. She talks about "shock " treatments etc. Can't say I agree with her politics but her story is an interesting one. & as usual she tells it with humor. Hope she bounces back.

ratched

Just looks like Carrie to me. Not much different than her shows, except the production of it.

Steve

When sober she is really funny and insightful. Bi polar mess my behind. She's a pill popper who threw her mind away to stay high. Sober up med head.

eicarr

She just needs to chill and get ready for the next Star Wars movies. Cruises? I would go crazy if I was locked up with a ship full of the type of people that goes on those.

Monique Hernandez

My poor Carrie. I still love her.

Dublin2016

She's ridiculous!

martyjones100

I'm 30 years old & I don't have a clue who this woman is. Stick to your target demo, tmz. No one's ever heard of grandma. We couldn't care any less. Also, not all "cases" of bipolar are genuine. However, 100% of add/ADHD are false. Add/ADHD is a complete fabrication. It's to sell speed.

Meanie

Don't care, still love her.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments