Rick Ross

Police Guard Rapper

At Swanky NYC Hotel

2/27/2013 1:24 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0227_rick_ross_01
Rick Ross
-- the rapper who has allegedly been targeted by a dangerous gang -- is being protected by NYC cops round-the-clock because of recent threats ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We've learned cops have been guarding Ross at The London Hotel for the last few days.

Sources tell us, recent threats have been specifically aimed at the rapper ... and he's not taking them lightly.

You'll recall Ross' Rolls-Royce was shot up in Ft. Lauderdale last month after the rapper's birthday party while Ross was making his way home. Ross and his passenger were not injured in the attack -- clearly, the shots were intended as a warning.

0227_police_rick_ross

Sir Paul McCartney

How come i never have to worry about this kind of rubbish when i travel?! I've heard of Rick Ross but i've never heard this guys music . Don't mean to "toot" my own horn or anything like that, But I can assume im more famous then he is, and i never need security, unless im doing a major event that's announced or something like that. Which is provided by the venue in most cases. I could'nt "Imagine" going through this to be a Musician! i'll rather just give it all up then have to live like "Al Capone." John and i were always so incredibly cavalier about our safety, we thought no one would want to hurt us! That's why he loved New York! I suppose it got him killed in a sense. But i can't live my life like that. I was the one Beatle that always walked or caught the transit to Abbey Road because i lived near there in St. Johns Wood and also because i like to feel normal. Im no stranger to hopping on a bus on occasion and i've learned that the best way to deal with my starstruck fellow travelers is to engage them in casual conversation. There’s a lot of places you can go to where people kind of understand that you’re on private time. But I kinda go anywhere. I don’t like the idea that you get famous and it ruins it for you, it’s kind of a sad idea. Two years ago I was on a bus in New York… and people were staring. They don’t let on. Except this African-American woman. I sat down quietly and she turns around and goes, ‘You Paul McCartney?’ So I said, ‘Yes I am’ and you can see all these other people giggling And she goes, ‘What are you doing on a bus?’ I said, ‘I’m going uptown, like you are. Come sit with me.’ So she came round and sat next to me and I said, ‘Where are you going?’ ‘I’m going to see my sister…’ We were just chatting. But in that situation, you just do that and people are cool. This explains why im able to comment on TMZ and everyone just thinks it's just alot of old tripe.

Tim

Be of good cheer, New Yorkers! Sure, your infrastructure is falling apart... but at least your tax dollars are protecting s***bag rap thugs!

Huzzah!

Rich

Isn't killing each other the recreation of these crap rappers. These ego driven, untalented, kill and rape mongers need protection...get your posse together big man.

Elle

Yeah...he might invent another drive-by shooting.

worldclass

He's not worth guarding. I hope tax dollars aren't paying for this protection. When's the last time you saw the police protect a black man? Right so it's time to start with him? He's contributed what to society for this special treatment?

speakMYbrain

aren't the cops supposed to protect the cops? FRAUD ASS

Angel

People say some stupid ****.

Cee

He has nothing to worry about they didn't hit his big ass the last time they can't shoot worth a s***.

Peter Popoff

TMZ how'd they shoot the car up but the car didn't get hit?

Cheryl

Bet you wish you had stayed a prison guard and not jacked someones elses name who actually was street.

Toallthehatersoftheworld

The boss

Greg

Who pays for these policemen? Live like a thug; die like a thug.

Enlightened

I will be forever indebted to TMZ if they manage to get footage of this greasy pig trying to hide his gargantuan, cowardly ass behind one of NYC's finest (whimpering with fear as he holds on to the cop's coattails for dear life). Photograph him behaving like the COWARDLY BEYOTCH that the world now knows him to be.

Menace to society

We must do something about the black trash in America they have not only disgraced the African American people but they continue to bring our society to all time lows

Paulina1982