Potential New Popes

WHO'D YOU RATHER?

2/28/2013 11:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0228_pope_whod_you_rather_8

Now that Pope Benedict XVI has officially resigned -- a bunch of candidates from all over the world have emerged as possible favorites to replace him.

While the real papal conclave -- where Cardinals elect the new Pontiff -- is totally anonymous ... we've chosen a few Pope-fuls for YOUR careful consideration.

There are roughly a dozen more Cardinals who are considered to have a good shot at being elected Pope, but we narrowed it down to the 8 handsomest.

It's just like the real thing ... with less smoke.

The question is ...

ray

I choose number 5 because...... Aside from his angelic face....... he has a lot of accomplishments

Truth bomb

Leave it to TMZ to make fun of people who have devoted their lives to something other than themselves.

troll-lmfao

They all look like child lovers ..

LISA

The second I saw this it just seemed so very wrong. Who'd you rather what, TMZ? Playing it safe, hmmm. Either way, it's inappropriate and disrespectful. Maybe consider staying away from politics and religion ... after all, you are The Thirty Mile Zone - celeb gossip site, right?

me

I wouldn't call myself religious but that's TACKY and TASTELESS. I refuse to vote.

DrAmyFarrahFowler

What kind of a sick question is "WHO'D YOU RATHER?".

sarah

Sers why even waist time on them....if you actually hear the words of Pope Benedict when he resigned he said among other things " I'm giving up for the benefit of The Church" he didn't say that he was too ill therefore couldn't go on like newspapers make you believe....just ****ing google His discourse on youtube!!! why he would do that???? EASY,right now,for the first time EVER CONTEMPORANEOUSLY , more than a cardinal working in the USA,Canada,Malta,Italy,England and all over the world are being investigated 4 covering( and some of them for being) pedophiles ministers and also the IOR (THE VATICAN BANK) is being investigated for colluding with the MAFIA!!!
If those minister go to the Conclave to re-elect the new Pope they will be automatically under the Vatican law which will not allow, and never did,any foreign law enforcement under it's territory,meaning THOSE *******S WILL WALK FREE FROM LAW PERSECUTION AND ALSO WILL NOT PAY THEIR VICTIMS A DIME BECAUSE NO PROCESS WILL BE HELD CAUSE OF THE FACT THAT TECHNICALLY THE VATICAN CONSIDERS WHOEVER COMES TO THEM , AS A REFUGEE SO THEY DO NOT ALLOW FOREIGN POLICE FORCES TO INVESTIGATE. AND BY THE WAY THEY KEEP SAYING THAT IS THE FIRST TIME SINCE '60...0 THAT A POPE RESIGN.....WHICH IS NOT TRUE....OTHER POPE RESIGNED BUT THEY HAD FORCED AND PLAUSIBLE REASONS, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT A POPE RESIGN FOR HEALTH REASON BECAUSE USUALLY NO MATTER THE HEALTH ISSUE THEY STAY ON UNTIL ACTUAL DEATH!!!!!!!
ALSO CAUSE EVERYBODY IS TALKING ABOUT THE CONCLAVE NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT THE VARIOUS INVESTIGATIONS!!!!

Jah36

Not the black one!

Vote2012

How much do you want to bet none of these clowns will be the next Pope. They will drag out some very old unknown guy and crown him the Pope. Who really cares, I will never step foot back into any Catholic Church until they clean house from top to bottom. I want to see Priests behind bars for life if they commit sexual crimes against children. What kind of sick Religion allows this stuff to continue? How many of these criminals are walking around posing as men of faith? Just last week some young Priest at my old high school was accused of trying to have sex with some small boy. This just shows the Catholic Church has done nothing to correct this ongoing problem. The world is turning its back on the Catholic Church.

DaveT

eeny meeny miney pope?
duck duck duck duck pope?
Same diff now matter which in my opinion

karla

I voted for 6 ,Im not a US citizen and no I dont live in the USA ,so I did not go for the color (thats very racist) or for he mexican, I voted for Peter Kodwo I think he would make a good pope..

ray

I believe..... If i would vote it would be the number 5 coz aside from his credentials and a very good priest....
But still there is a slim chance he would be pope.....

The Love Sponge

Wez gonna gets a blacks popes. Iz gonna praze Jesus.

Diane

It's disgusting that TMZ is hyping the Catholic faith and its papal procedures at all - leave it alone boneheads - you have no reason for mentioning it other than to demean.

michelle

I just hope we get someone who'll get rid of all the pervs going after the young boys and girls

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments