Scott Weiland

STP Lied About Firing Me

To Boost Ticket Sales

3/1/2013 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

022813_weiland_npg

Stone Temple Pilots
 LIED about firing singer Scott Weiland as a publicity stunt ... in order to hype an upcoming concert tour ... so says Weiland, who insists the band is still 100% together.

Weiland said, "STP is not broken up. It's a whole thing to try to boost ticket sales."

But the way Weiland explains it sounds like he and the rest of STP don't really communicate ... and they used the Weiland "firing" to boost ticket sales for a tour they were organizing WITHOUT him.

Which begs the question ... why is Scott so sure he's not out of the band? He says it's because there's a clause in the band's contract that forbids the members from using the name STP on another group. In other words, if Scott's out ... STP ceases to exist.

Ultimately, Weiland says he has no idea what the other guys were thinking -- but when asked if he's still leading the band, he replied smugly, "I started it."

seahawk fan

This will be the new guns n roses with Scott being axl it's funny people will realize in a few years the BAND is the brassiest guitarist and drummer

Mesmerini

Scott was obviously joking when he said it's to boost ticket sales and nobody gets it??

nyc44th

I don't buy what he is saying . . . when a junkies lips are moving, they are lying. Especially when a massive ego is involved. I like Weiland as a front man, but someone you can believe or count on . . no way.

Sam

Heroin addict

Melissalynn13181

I saw them at a small venue in Cherokee NC last year and he was totally **** faced. He came out close to an hour late, half of what he was singing was unrecognizable and slurred. At one point, while singing Dead and Bloated, he was jumping on and off of a speaker box and fell on his ass...the whole audience laughed. He just jumped up and continued as if it was nothing. I really didnt care, but I felt a little awkward for my boyfriend because he is such a huge fan and that was probably the last concert he'll get to see.

Joseph

Scott's solo is the ****. listen to it its great but i think this had more to do with his solo tour then STP.
I think he's right that it was a stunt to sell tickets but only to his current show.

Matt

Forget this douchyness and check out my band the Bloody Strummer.!

leila12

Without Scott there's actually no STP. So the band really is **** out of luck if they try to get a replacement.

Dada

Weiland wins ,
All his stuff been supertastic- aweso-great.

Vr was wonderful

Stp and VR with no weiland is like a church without Jesus.

BamaShay

I love STP but honestly not without Scott. He has his issues yes, but you cannot change the lead singer of the band and expect good results. Alice in Chains now sucks. Lynyrd Skynyrd has sucked since the plane crash. Van Halen with Sammy Hagar sucked. If the band wants to continue to create music, they need to reinvent themselves.

Sally

I'm so angry reading this. STP have been my fav band since I was 15, I'm now in my 30's. I saw them in Sydney. When I saw he was fired I thought oh no, he's relapsed and was crushed STP was done. To read it was all a hoax. Seriously f'ed up guys!

bruce coderre

He looks great all cleaned up

Matt Wales

I wish them all the best! God bless Scott, the DeLeo brothers and Erik. They are some of the greatest song writers of all time and one of the best bands ever to hit the music scene.

ChitownCletus

Drugs are bad ummmmmmmKay

barbarella.r.z.

F___ them allll. who wrote & inspired these songs? B/cuz i dunno? i 4/got.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2