« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Legend

Paul Bearer

Dead at 58

3/6/2013 8:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0306_paul_bearer_wee_death_dies_article
Paul Bearer -- the spooky WWE manager who helped introduce The Undertaker -- died Tuesday evening at the age of 58 ... this according to the WWE.

Bearer -- real name "Bill" Moody -- joined the WWE in 1990 ... playing the role of a creepy funeral director who managed various wrestling stars ... including Undertaker, Kane, Rick Rude, Vader and Mankind.

The details surrounding Bearer's death are unclear -- but he reportedly suffered from serious health problems over the past decade ... including morbid obesity and gallbladder issues.

R.I.P.

The WWE released a statement saying ... "WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of William Moody, aka Paul Bearer."

"Moody made his WWE debut in 1991 as the manager of The Undertaker and went on to become a memorable part of WWE over the course of the next 20 years. Our deepest condolences go out to Moody’s family, friends and fans."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

I'm Awesome admit it

I stopped watching WWE but I'm going to have to watch next week to see the tribute to him they usually give a older vibe when they do their tribute

tnjbadboy000

got to meet paul at 1 of our indy shows this past summer he was great to talk to and get some tips from he was down to earth never once acted above us indy wrestlers

AndrewBoeche

a tribute i did to Paul Bearer http://www.camp-anawanna.com/2013/03/paul-bearer-william-moody-1954-2013.html

Gargamel

Loved him.

buzz kill

That sucks. He was very entertaining, to bad he should have taken better care of himself. :-(

Workin my way to Trump status

What a legend. RIP Paul Bearer. He made the pimp cup popular. Lack of Characters like him are one of the big reasons I stopped watching years ago.

Paul

Now who will be his Pall Bearer?

me

Paul was one of the best he made his charactors real, well almost! . the heavies of pro wrestling take a lot of verbal and often physical abuse not a job for everyone.

Gilford

I hope this isn't a WWE stunt for Wrestlemania, where the Undertaker "resurrects" Paul Bearer, It;s a horrible thought, but I wouldn't put it past Vince McMahon.

David

this isnt the orginal Dr Paul Bearer...the orginal did creature feature double feature on saturdays,,

jbrower

rest in peace paul bearer

Freddy Tornado

I had several occasions to send him mails about my life, his own life, all the battles he went through, all the battle I went through and we found the right words to go over our own troubles through the years. Not only a great TV character, not only an awesome wrestling manager or promoter, Will Moody aka. Percy Pringle III aka Paul Bearer was, is, and will always be a wonderful open minded human being, His family and friends will miss him, his fans will remember him as the ****y funeral manager of a soon-to-be WWE Hall of Famer (The Undertaker). Whenever the WWE will pay him the tribute he deserves, I will be there to watch it and remember all the kind words he took the time to write for me. Heartbreaking day. Paul Bearer and Hugo Chavez in Heaven, what a wrestling match there's gonna be upstairs O:-) May you rest in the peaceful peace in the other world. Miss you.

Jlynn

Wow some of you people are just heartless. RIP PAUL BEARER

cheri

nOOOOOOooooooOOO . he and the undertaker is the reason i feel inlove with the dark side

momdux

R.I.P.... Mr. Moody... I am STILL a WWE fan, My deepest condolences to your family, and friends.. And fans...