« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick's New Pooch

The Most Dangerous Breed

For a Dog Killer

3/6/2013 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0309_Michael-Vick_gettyMichael Vick's new dog is the WORST possible breed for a convicted dog killer ... and that's from the official organization that breeds the dog.

The American Belgian Malinois Club and Rescue tells TMZ, the group is very concerned that Vick is allowed to own ANY dog, but the Belgian Malinois is especially problematic.  The breed is highly trainable and they could easily become dangerous if they land in the wrong hands.

Vick, as you know, ended up training pit bulls to fight and kill.

Belgian Malinois -- which are frequently used by the military and police -- have the same fighting potential as pit bulls.

Although the organization thinks dogs should be off-limits in the Vick household, they believe a more docile pooch -- like a lab -- would be way more appropriate.

But what's done is done ... and the ABMC wants to help Vick properly train the dog. The rep says the org. is willing to help Vick find a good trainer for the dog and educate him on Belgian Malinois so he can "learn and love the breed."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Hatevick

You must be kidding!!!!!! What the heck are these people thinking. No way should any animal be placed in his life. Did you not see, read, hear of all of the torture and pain he inflicted on the Dogs he had?!!! PETA where are you. Vick does not deserve a dog he doesn't deserve a second chance, he got a second chance for earning his million $. contract with the NFL why would anyone in their right mind allow Vick to have the chance to torture anymore dogs. You are evil and mean !!!

betty

let him have a rattlesnake.

Mitch

Understand one thing - Michale Vick did not serve 16 months in prison for killing dogs. He spent 16 months in prison for "Conspiracy to Travel in Interstate commerce in Aid of Unlawful Activities and to Sponsor a Dog in an Animal Fighting Venture". This comes directly from his Plea Agreement in Federal Court. SO HE DID NOT SERVE TIME FOR HIS CRIME and should still be in prison not playing professional football!

phyllis

How stupid is this??? Its like inviting John Wayne Gacy to be a clown at your Child's Birthday Party...DUH!!! I SAY lets put Vick in a ring with dogs that are vicious or coyotes and let them bond

Dawn

Where is the dog he was seen at Petsmart with..the dog bones on the table puppy???? Where is that dog???

Dawn

Where is the dog he was seen in Petsmart with? And the dog with the milkbones on the table?

loveanimals

Maybe it is the right dog for him. Maybe one day his dog will turn on him and do to him what he and his friends did to all those innocent dogs. I can see the headlines now.

mila

For the life of me I can't understand how this monster was allowed to EVER have a dog again? Who cares what kind of dog it is--the right to own ANY animal should have been taken away from him. Of course, he is the same evil s*** he's always been. There is not even a question about it. Of course, he hardly paid ANYTHING for all the tortures and killings.. Fine, what's done is done. And he will never change. But TO ALLOW an ANIMAL KILLER TO GET ANOTHER PET AFTER PROVING THAT HE IS IN FACT THE KILLER-- COMMON. This is SICK. Whoever gave him this right probably committed a crime just as serious as Vick’s.

Bobbie Blanchard

I am a Certified Master Trainer for the Police and Military K-9. This breed along with the German Shepherd need much different work than other dogs. These dogs are weapons. Without proper handling Vick could be in a world of hurt, which I could care less about. I know the dog would be punished and the dog is my only concern Not Sick Vick.

Bobbie Blanchard

I am a" Certified Master Trainer" (CMT) with a 4 yr BA Degree in the Police and Military K-9 World. This breed along with the German Shepherd needs much different training work than most other dogs. These dogs are weapons. Without proper handling Vick could be in a world of hurt, which I could care less about. I know the dog would be punished and the dog is my only concern Not Sick Vick. Better get the right help with this one Vick. She's to smart to be a Pit and won't take any disrespect. Why do you even want a dog? Is it a power trip with you. Doesn't matter with this breed, she will take you out, if you mistreat her.

Comfy

"and that's from the official organization that breeds the dog."
The organization doesn't breed the dog - it's the national club of the breeders/owners/exhibitors. Any national breed club would not be happy this guy chose their breed.

Misty Schell

Nobody at no time held a gun to this fools head. Michael Vick make a CHOICE to be a savage Neanderthal and TORTURE dogs. It makes me sick that he is even talked about anymore. Be should have been stripped from EVERYTHING and made homeless as far as I'm concerned. How dare he ever be allowed to own ANY pet EVER again. I'd love to be in a room with this sorry piece of crap for 5 minutes...he would KNOW what torture is and be begging for his life JUST LIKE EVERY DOG HE MADE FIGHT HAD BEGGED FOR THEIR LIVES!!!! Eye for an eye and some vigilante justice needs to happen to this waste of skin S.O.B. You might as well put crack in a crackheads hand, put a child in a pedophiles lap, put a gun in a murders hand, give a serial killer a new identity to start a killing spree all over again. My God pull your head out of your a$$ ABMC. You are all just as big of a LOSER as this piece of CRAP to even entertain the idea. Ditch this jerk and everyone stop supporting ABMC until they do....seriously ticked off about this!!!

BILL THORNLEY SR.

MICHAEL VICK TALKS ABOUT THE MONEY HE'S SPENT SINCE HIS DOG PROBLEMS. WHAT THE HELL IS 29 MILLION $ TO HIM IN 4 YRS. THAT'S LIKE a drop in the bucket compared to us dog loving people. HE DOESN'T DESERVE THE LOVE OF A PET DOG.

fran brown

Who on earth would sell that horrible person a dog. I was hoping he would never get out of jail. Animal abusers and offenders are really not given the penalties they deserve.
And then the Eagles contract him. I was hoping Karma would take care of him. So far , no, but I'm still waiting.

fran brown