Valerie Harper

STANDING TALL

in the Face of Terminal Cancer

3/7/2013 9:33 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0306_valerie_harper_SplashValerie Harper is refusing to go gently into that good night ... continuing to go out in public and live her life after being diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.

The "Mary Tyler Moore" actress was pictured out in Santa Monica early Thursday morning with her husband of 26 years Tony Cacciotti ... sporting a brave face.

Earlier this week, 73-year-old Harper revealed she has leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a rare form of cancer in which cancer cells spread into the membrane surrounding the brain.

Rage against the dying of the light.

0306_subasset_valerie_harper_Splash

soulofanangel

--------------------------------------------------------------------
TMZ photographers
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding VALERIE HARPER'S excellent and classy example of living HER life, remember.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep
Asinine
Ritualistic
Meddling
Away............from VALERIE HARPER
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Certainly HARVEY LEVIN has a list of celebrity low-life worthy of "following" as a result of their inability to make heads or tails of a dignified life.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
VALERIE HARPER deserves respect. She lives the dignified life.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
To the loud, disrespectful, rude, flashy, uneducated, overpaid "entertainers" that fill celebrity media these days....take a note on VALERIE HARPER'S career and life.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Googie

Valerie is my hero. "Live for the here & now" We can all learn from her.

JLS

Why is the media hounding this woman? There is no further info to get. Make her last few weeks tolerable, please. That includes buying photos and authoring a story, TMZ. PLEASE don't!

Parker

What a fantastic woman..a great actress...and she did it without scandal!

Parker

Leave her alone........TMZ, you really should be ashamed of yourselves....This woman is in the last months of her life and really should be left alone with her family and friends...not having some idiots follow her around...what if this was someone in your family?

dee

I think she is going to regret going public with this, especially if TMZ is going to follow and literally hound her to death!

Patti

I would do the same thing....As long as my strength is there....I will go out fighting to the end......God Bless you Rhoda! I was young when the show was on TV but I do remember it (prob from rerun of the show)

beautifulMya

Wow she's amazing.... she's so beautiful... so strong . God just be with her through her last days of living..

LiLa

I'venever meant anything I've ever posted here more: TMZ, LEAVE MS. HARPER ALONE!

Carl

That's fine to show her now, but I really hope you don't pull another Steve Jobs and show her when she is on death's door.

Trish

She looks very healthy to me and very pretty to be 73 years old. I hope the doctors are wrong and that she does not have three months to live. She is brave!

Trish

Btw tmz you should be ashamed considering this women has a few more weeks on earth, let her last days be peaceful.

buque too

So sad to see her and family have to go through this. Best wishes Valerie

M.T.

God bless you Valerie... This is how a real woman lives life!

lynn

Ms. Harper, Thank you for all the joy that your work has brought television audiences. I saw a lot of myself in Rhoda, and she helped me realize that not being perfect is perfectly okay. I will pray for you and your family, and may God Bless you with nothing but joy, love and peace with the time you have remaining. Live each moent to the fullest!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments