Nick Cannon

Mariah Won't Spank the Kids

BUT I WILL!!!

3/9/2013 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0309_cannon_videoNick Cannon plans on instituting a good cop/bad cop parenting strategy with wife Mariah Carey when it comes to his children ... and he sounds downright excited to be doing the dirty work!

Cannon made headlines this week when he told Us Weekly that he has his "belt out already" in preparation for the inevitable "terrible twos" his twins will soon inflict upon him and Mariah.

Last night in Hollywood, Cannon told our photog he plans on being just as hard on his son as he is daughter (though his daughter will find it hard to date) and says Mariah "doesn't need" to handle the corporal punishment ... because "that's what daddies are for!"

Get ready for some tough love.

joe

I thought you were a decent guy.You lost my vote.

Paulina1982

I love you guys! Your kids are adorable!

lolurdumb

Some of you eho say you dont spank your kids, thoae are the same snotting kids that act lile dip****s in public lie tgeir ass off and smile in mommys face. Yeah Ive seen your kids before. Hope they dont get smart eith my kid who does get soanked when needed cause thats a ass whooping they'll never forget!

Jan

I'm sure he is just joking about using a belt.

whohimhehot

he's playing...chill. but why is he wearing headphones while driving? that's the real travesty!

rouge

Spanking can be a tool to teach consequences for inappropriate behavior. Whipping, belt lashing, beating w/hands or another object is abuse. Mr. Cannon probably used the term belt as an euphemism for spanking, at least one hopes. At any rate, the likelihood of these children being abused is probably low, considering how high-profile the family is.

thisisme3

Hell yes I spank my 2 year old. Not to where he has any marks but enough to get the point across. I use just my hand and only on his butt. My husbands does it to him as well. I think both parents need to show discipline.

OhMyGaWd

Don't do it Nick. Mariah will kick your butt to the curb if you hit those babies.

Dublin2016

First time I think I have ever agreed with a celebrity!

Kevin

I can respect this. There's a difference between spanking and abuse. He wants to discipline his kids. My parents are far from what you call "ghetto" yet they would hit me when I got out of hand when I was younger. Now I am a well-rounded individual supporting myself while completing college.

Barbarascy

It's nice to see that some people understand that there are times and situations where a child needs to be spanked. It should not be done at all times for just any reason. But there are far too many kids who do not have any kind of logical upbringing. They are bunch of brats who have stupid parents who don't know what the hell they are doing. Then they go on Dr. Phil asking what they did wrong.

TheBestHeEverHad

A list of people who I'm sure never got their @$$ whooped; Justin B, Brit. S, Jeffrey Dommer, Chris B, Lindsey L, the three kardashian sisters, Scott disick, Paris H, Will S two youngest kids... and they are all great citizens. <~~~~sarcasm.

Caddtsrx3

Little man being macho man he can't stand being mMr Miriah

taffy84

Good for him more kids need to get beat today not beat up just a quick 50% power open hand chin check every now and then

Sue from jersey

If you raise your kids right you can control them with the tone of your voice. Don't slack off from the get go

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments