Belinda Carlisle

I Was the Lindsay Lohan

of My Time

3/15/2013 8:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0314_belinda_lindsay
Belinda Carlisle says she definitely feels Lindsay Lohan's pain ... 'cause the Go-Go's frontwoman says she was JUST LIKE the troubled actress when she was younger ... only there weren't as many people taking pictures.

54-year-old Carlisle just made the comments to PopDose.com ... saying, "Back in like 1981 and 1982, I was like the Lindsay Lohan of that time, actually. Honestly. I just didn’t get photographed."

She continued, "I would never ever ever have been able to survive what I can imagine that she goes through. I see a lot of myself in her, actually."

Carlisle -- who recently said she quit drinking, smoking and doing drugs -- went on ... "Eventually, it catches up with you and let’s just hope it ends well."

Vinsetta

Even this won't set well with Lindsay. Belinda was being mean to her.

BECKER

Belinda was a never was. Now that she is not in the news this no talent bozo wants to compare herself to the biggest douche of the 21 Century Sorry Belinda you are not and never was

sterlingguys

tmz witch hunt of lilo carries on. tmz quoting belinda carlisle from an unknown blog? desperate much tmz? no news on lilo so they create some.

WITCH HUNT

jeff

Love Belinda Carlisle, hate lindsay lohan. Belinda was a serious cokehead for a long time. Still looks amazing. The Go Go's are still a great rock band. I saw them a couple of years ago and they rocked.(front row VIP) Best seats I've ever had at a concert. I was 5 feet away from her. Jane and Kathy were smokin' hot too.

Coochiepoot

sad way to get some attention.

bernergirl

The reason people don't feel bad for Lindsay is she does it to herself and never learns!

David

Belinda, As low life as Lindsay is, you were never up to her level in Hollywood. You were simply a singer in a group band that made a few hit songs. She had a long way to fall. Your fall was inches in comparison.

foreverOnline

NOT something to be proud of you MORON

UHHUHHH

too bad blowhan calls the paparazzi herself

judy jetson

It seems like everyday someone mentions Lindsay Lohan so they can get their name in the press. These people are pathetic!

andy

I wonder, just how many people growing up in the 80's thought about Belinda Carlisle while taking that extra long shower???
I KNOW I DID . . .

Bear King of the Dead Thread Heads (and he means it)

Our Lips Are Sealed!

Dom The Mover

Belinda the Lindsey, no way, more like Madonna

Suzy Q

Move that cone!

I'm Belinda Carlisle!

I'm a celebrity~(sort of)

DownSouth

I'd like to be the meat in a Belinda-Lindsay sandwich, while they both sing "Our LIPS are PEALED" in harmony.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments