Lil Wayne

In Critical Condition

After More Seizures

3/15/2013 6:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0315-lil-wayne-getty
update_bar
6:30 PM PT -- Sources at the hospital tell us Wayne is still in critical condition in the ICU ... but stabilizing.

We're told the prognosis is uncertain.

Wayne is sleeping right now ... which is odd, because he just tweeted saying he's OK and thanking people for the prayers and love.

5:16 PM PT
-- Wayne's mother is currently on a plane flying to Los Angeles -- and we're told all major decisions about Wayne's health (including the decision to discontinue life support) will not be made until she arrives.

0314_divider_graphic
Lil Wayne
is in ICU in critical condition after suffering yet another seizure, and we're told it doesn't look good ... TMZ has learned.

We broke the story ... the 30-year-old rapper was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Hospital in L.A. Tuesday night after suffering multiple seizures.  He was released Wednesday but just hours later one of his bodyguards found him in his room, on the floor and unconscious.

Wayne was rushed to the hospital again, but this time he did not stabilize.  He was taken to ICU, where he was placed in restraints because he was shaking uncontrollably.

We're told Wayne is currently "unstable," and has been placed in an induced coma.  He is breathing through tubes.

0315-lil-wayne-cedars-tmz
We're told several people are at Wayne's bedside crying, and a number of rap artists and family members are on the way.  Sources say the scene is violent as Wayne shakes uncontrollably.

Sources say there's evidence Wayne went on a Sizzurp binge after being released Wednesday, because doctors found high amounts of codeine in his system.

We're told Wanye's stomach was pumped 3 times to flush the drugs from his system.

0315-young-money-cash-tmz

Alex

Wow, as much as I don't like him or who he portrays, I don't know him and can't judge him truly. I hope he makes it and becomes a better man/father/human being.

It might be that the codein caused the seizure by itself or that a medical condition he has was aggravated by the codein. Either way, hope you get better Wayne, we grew up with you.

azneck1

No sympathy for this guy. He's had countless warning signs and still continued with his dangerous habits. Ya reap what ya sow, Lil Wayne... If you pull through, I hope you learn your lesson and clean up your life.

Marilynpests

Justin beiber take note! Too much money and fame can be a dangerous combination. It happens all to often ... Why do people glorify these drug addicts ... So not respectable

palermo

Hey Bieber, this is you if you don't straighten up ...

Toilethead

It's his own damned fault. Screw 'im. They should give the room and care to someone who really deserves it.

jimbob

he died

LK

THIS SHD BE A WAKE UP CALL 4 A LOT OF PPL !!

Wow ...

I'm not a fan of Lil Wayne, because of his lifestyle choices. However my heart goes out to his family, especially his children.

IceGypsy

Not a fan, and don't know much about him. Terrible thing for his family to have to watch. Especially for such a young man. Hopefully he comes through alright, but it's not sounding good.

JP

I have no idea who he is, but that's sad.

Detective. LaToya

TMZ stop lying!

kw

So three tears on his cheeks means he killed three people right?

Ashley

Another angel taken too soon. Can we please rush some more updates please. God be with his and his family.

(◉_◉) Brush Your Teeth (◉_◉)

Beiber,

Do You See Your Future?

jj

Wow, not a huge fan but this is just really sad. I've had seizures before, including seizures caused by medication(not abusing them, a medication I was on lowers your seizure threshold). This sounds absurd but I would think that after taking codeine for so long he would of learned not to take too much. The medications I take for a serious illness are stronger than codeine and I take them daily at the same dose etc. and even though I don't abuse them, this is so scary because at the end of the day medication and your bodies reaction to it can be so unpredictable, people can develop allergies to medications they've taken for long periods of time rapidly. I know obviously that isn't what happened here, I don't really get upset or sad about pop culture and people I don't know, but reading this and then refreshing and seeing he is being given his last rites at this very moment is horribly sad. No matter what he has done or what the fault is, dying is terrifying and the hole it leaves in your love ones lives will never go away. Death is not something to laugh at, I get that being "snarky" is oh so cool but these comments laughing, what if this was your brother? Death and dying is tragic whether your 9 days old or 90 years old and whether your a drug addict or a saint, having life taken is really awful. I hope these sources are wrong, not because I'm a fan or a pop culture addict, but because I feel anyone in the world, who is about to die right now, deserves SOMEONE to care.