'Real Chance of Love' Star

Fighting Stage Four Cancer

3/21/2013 7:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0321_real_chance_instagramOne of the guys from the VH1 reality show "Real Chance of Love" has been diagnosed with STAGE FOUR colon cancer ... and is hospitalized while doctors come up with a strategy to attack the disease.

TMZ has learned Real ... real name Ahmad Givens ... is getting treatment at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Beverly Hills.

A rep for Real -- who starred with his brother on the popular dating show 'Real Chance' -- tells TMZ he first got sick in January with what he thought was the flu.

We're told 33-year-old Real went back to the hospital at least 4 times and was initially told something was wrong with his liver -- but last week doctors informed him it was colon cancer.

Stage four generally means the cancer has spread to other parts of the body.

We're told the rapper-turned-reality-star will remain hospitalized at least until docs figure out what kind of treatment -- chemotherapy, radiation, or both -- he will require.

The rep says they expect a decision from doctors today.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Timothy Tyree

nutrition is the only answer at this point I've seen this many times and love turning it around. He can't get what he needs from food he must use supplementation. Please contact me I will be thrilled to help. (timtyree87@gmail.com)

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/03/21/real-chance-of-love-star-colon-cancer-stage-four/#ixzz2OHuMTXIF
Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com

T M ALEXANDER

MY PRAYERS R WIT U .

realitystar

Im praying for ya to pull through man!!!

Linda

Stage 4 colon cancer is not a good diagnosis and yes it usually means the cancer has spread by the time you get a stage 4 diagnosis. I am sorry to hear that he is so young and has this........

jaylewis2000

Hello.sweetie i had wanted to sayboo just one day at a tyme

ec

"Real Chance of Love & I LOVE NY with Tiffany Pollard star, Ahmad "Real" Givens, is in the fight of his life. The VH1 reality contestant, 33, has been diagnosed with stage-four colon cancer, his rep confirmed to TMZ on Thursday, March 21.

Help “Real” beat colon cancer. Donate here: http://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/lw32/cancerfundforreal?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=Isupport

For more information follow Real's brother Chance on twitter @RealKillCancer

The symptoms were first introduced to Real (Ahmad Givens) Upon the start of the new year. Real, who is well known for staring in multiple hit reality shows originally thought he had a normal flu or virus, being that he was in a state of great health, preparing to shoot his new Reality Series due to air late 2013. After going to the doctor and having multiple test ran, Real was unfortunately diagnosed with Stage Four Colon Cancer. Anybody that knows Real knows that he is a tough, strong, spiritual individual, and will fight this off. The Givens family currently has Real being treated at Cedars Sinai. Real is trying to stay positive and make a full recovery. He appreciates all his friends, family, and fans for helping him get through in this time of need. Chris Abrego (51 Minds Producer), and many entertainers have been reaching out to Real and the Givens family, Trying to figure out the best way to Raise Funds for Real's Illness due to his insurance only covering 40% of his medical bills.

Givens -- who competed on the show I Love New York before he and his brother Kamal "Chance" Givens were offered their own dating game competition -- first got sick in January with what he thought at the time was the flu. When his condition didn't improve, despite multiple hospital visits, doctors thought something might be wrong with his liver. Last week, they diagnosed him with stage-four colon cancer.

A stage-four diagnosis generally means the disease has spread to other parts of the body. Doctors are weighing Givens' treatment options now; his rep tells TMZ they expect a decision soon. In the meantime, the Stallionaires rapper is being cared for at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles.

Fellow VH1 reality star Ray J tweeted about the news on March 19. "Just talked to 'Chance,'" the musician announced. "He told me to tell the world to pray for his bro 'Real.' He has stage 4 colon cancer! Pls send out a prayer for him!"

tracee

I have stage 4 colorectal cancer, and I'm not on my death bed. Stage 4 doesnt necessarily mean death...

The_cw_

I'm truly sorry to hear this. He is in my prayers!

Bluerose

I had a manager I worked with and she was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer and she lived. She had to have her colon removed she told me, but not everyone dies from this disease, she was a much older woman and Real is only 33. But I just wish that his insurance will not hinder him from getting the needed care, and that he raises enough money from his fans and the community.

brenda sharp

PRAYING YOU HOLD ON TO GOD'S UNCHANGING HANDS AMEN

KitatheDiva28

The Stallionaires! I remember tthem very well and I pray Real makes a full recovery, and comes back full speed ahead. May God Bless and keep you all as a family <3

mrscblackmon

He's still sexy as Hell!!!!!

mrscblackmon

He's still sexy as Hell !!!!

valerieurias62

Its nice how people with money n who r famous have the best docs 2 find cancer quick n save their lives but it took a doc 9 months 2 figure out my mom had cancer n when they did find it it was already 2 late..smdh!!!

Vania

If you have metastatic cancer - it is usually in stage 4. Metastatic means that the cancer has spread and it is inoperable. However, there are many people who have beat all odds with Stage 4 metastatic cancer. I work for a medical device company where the surgeon treated the patient with chemo and then used a device called Canady Vieira Hybrid Plasma scalpel which removed the remaining cancerous tumors. What makes the cancer inoperable is that it spreads and any operation will cause the patient to bleed to death. However, with this scalpel, the patient has virtually no blood loss, because the Plasma beam cuts and coagulates the blood simultaneously. The device is amazing. Don't believe me, you can check it out for yourself.... www.usmedinnovations.com

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7