TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Ashley Greene Fire

Candle Triggered Blaze

3/22/2013 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0322-ashley-greene-fire-inside-tmz
We now know what caused the fire at Ashley Greene's condo that killed her beloved dog -- an unattended candle ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... they have already done a preliminary investigation and determined the candle lit the living room couch on fire -- a fire which spread throughout the unit.

As we previously reported, Greene, her boyfriend and brother were all sleeping in the condo when the blaze erupted.

In addition to the dog ... 3 people in the building were injured.

103 COMMENTS

No Avatar
31.

Ozzie X    

What is this obsession with candles new money? We live in modern times. If you are going to use them, Sharon Osbourne, keep them away from anything flammable, especially if you will be a way or a sleep.

517 days ago
32.

Big Mark 91    

good job killing your dog and putting many others at risk because you are to lazy to blow out a candle.

517 days ago
33.

Smackers2003    

Get Scentsy. The frameless wickless candles and that won't happen!!

517 days ago
34.

ChitownCletus    

This happens every night in Chicago. Really sad.....

517 days ago
35.

kisstheringfool    

Who the hell leaves candles lit my friends lost his entire home and 4 year old son because someone left a candle lit. Smh

517 days ago
36.

Blue Lake    

This is karma for her supporting Prop. 8, the "hate gays" proposition.

517 days ago
37.

Vote2012    

Who is Ashley Greene? Never heard of her.

517 days ago
38.

Toilethead    

We had the exact same thing happen in an apartment house here a few weeks ago.

517 days ago
39.

Diamond Goddess!    

Yeah, don't leave candles unattended, people!
(But are we SURE it wasn't caused by some drug-related pyrotechnics and they are just SAYING a candle?)
Jus' wonderin'.

517 days ago
40.

bring back recent posts    

....could have been worse...lesson too b learn't!!!!!!!!!11..and maybe this kind of publicity will save some peeps in future...may doggie RIP..fire sucks..and so does water...

516 days ago
41.

Socalpimp    

A crack pipe.....not a candle

516 days ago
42.

Mimi    

Something is off with this story... Was she not home? Because the dog would run out with you. Plus the dog would bark to wake you up. Also, his were the neighbors injured and her boyfriend, brother and she not injured? Maybe TMZ is writing this in a strange way, but it does not make sense.

516 days ago
43.

AlwaysOnTimeB    

The sad part is that the little dog died due to someone's negligence. A total preventable, needless death. Having said that, I do have a heart and I do feel bad for her, but the guilt is going to be a lot to handle for whoever lit that candle and didn't think to blow it out before they went to bed.

516 days ago
44.

jimi    

how stupid are people to leave candles burning unattended

516 days ago
45.

siennagold    

Damn, the dog died because of their irresponsibility. Poor dog.

516 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Around The Web