TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Ashley Greene Fire

Candle Triggered Blaze

3/22/2013 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0322-ashley-greene-fire-inside-tmz
We now know what caused the fire at Ashley Greene's condo that killed her beloved dog -- an unattended candle ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... they have already done a preliminary investigation and determined the candle lit the living room couch on fire -- a fire which spread throughout the unit.

As we previously reported, Greene, her boyfriend and brother were all sleeping in the condo when the blaze erupted.

In addition to the dog ... 3 people in the building were injured.

103 COMMENTS

No Avatar
46.

who dat    

This is a wakeup call. Candles can be very dangerous. Never leave them burning when you are asleep. Her neighbors were fortunate nobody lost their life.

587 days ago
47.

Dylan    

why do people use candles/

587 days ago
48.

Dylan    

why do people use candles?it is not the 18th century...we have lights now

587 days ago
49.

backfire    

Why didn't her little dog survive? Usually small dogs sleep in the room with us.

587 days ago
50.

backfire    

SERIOUSLY? I JUST READ THEY RAN OUT AND THEN REALIZED THE LITTLE DOGS WERE INSIDE.....WHO RUNS OUT BEFORE THEY GRAB THEIR LITTLE DOGS???????

587 days ago
51.

Dylan    

instead of her blowing out the candle, she was too busy blowing her boyfriend.

587 days ago
52.

NOT ELMO    

Ashley Greene's Condo that Killed Her beloved Dog -- an UnAttended Candle .......And there's your answer, Candles are a bad bad idea for anyone...

587 days ago
53.

just because    

who puts a candle on a couch?

587 days ago
54.

just because    

everytime i accidently start a fire i spit on it thhen panic and run for a glass of tap water

587 days ago
55.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_    

Vendors and Store Manager's should require customers buying candles to read the warning label on the candles to the cashier prior to purchase. And have them read it OUT LOUD to make sure they can actually read the warning label.

587 days ago
56.

tdr9    

We need more news

587 days ago
57.

Keith    

Sorry to hear about the loss of the dog. Very sad. This building is right behind TMZ's offices on N. Crescent Heights Blvd.

587 days ago
58.

laurita    

I am very surprised that the dog wasn't barking like crazy.

587 days ago
59.

Mrugowsky    

So who's the one that did it. ???

587 days ago
60.

TEAM LAMMY    

Sharper image has wick less candles, they run on batteries

587 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Around The Web