Pat Houston

Cops Called for

Suicide Scare

3/26/2013 3:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0326-pat-houston-tmz
Whitney Houston
's sister-in-law Pat Houston was moments from taking her own life ... or several family members thought when they called 911 -- only to discover it was a huge misunderstanding.

TMZ has learned cops and paramedics rushed to Pat's home in Alpharetta, GA today -- after receiving calls from people close to her who thought Pat had tried to commit suicide.

Here's what happened ... hours earlier Pat had posted on her Facebook page, "Sometimes you just feel like giving up on life and its many challenges. And for the first time in my life…I’m tired…and I want to finally rest. I love you guys."

Sources tell us several family members saw the post and were immediately concerned ... they began calling and texting Pat but got no answer. Then they went to her house, found her passed out in bed next to a pill bottle ... and decided to call 911.

We're told as soon as cops arrived, Pat woke up and explained she had simply taken pain medication for her back, turned off her phone and then gone to sleep -- unaware so many people were trying to contact her.

We're told Pat informed everyone ... she was never suicidal, the Facebook post was a result of stress.

Law enforcement tells us, Pat was taken to the hospital -- as a preventative measure -- and released a short time later.

Mrugowsky

This lame story makes me suicidal. It's NOT news by any means.

Sincerity

DOESN'T SHE HAVE A HUSBAND??? WHAT IN THE HELL DOES "HE" DO EVERYDAY???

I'm sorry but she'll get "NO SYMPATHY" from "ME"!!! It's time for the "ENTIRE FAMILY" to "ACCEPT THEIR REALITY" and "MOVE THE HELL ON"!!! Without Whitney Houston, they have "NOTHING TO OFFER" the entertainment world. She afforded them access very few people had. They didn't make the most of it and now "THEY'RE LIVING THE BLUES"!!! WELCOME TO THE "REAL WORLD"!!!

mr.howell

This is what happens when insecure people post their 'every private thought and action' on the internet!..duuhh..I just wiped my A$$..click..duhh..my back hurts..click..umm..I just ate a cookie..click..click..welcome to the new nutty society!..

oldschool

She really wants a reality show lol

tonywestspeaks!

Bobbing Kristina you may have your mothers money... But you DAMN sure doesn't have your mother mannerism. Don't ever disrespect your grandmother...

sgm

This is ridiculous she knew what she was doing. Now that Whitney is not here to create drama and attention the s-I-l is!

Chase

Translation? "That bit*ch sister-in-law of mine that I followed around and cleaned up after for the last 10 years went and died and left every d@mn penny to her daughter and not ONE D@MN RED CENT to her brothers and now my dumb bl@ck @ss is SWIMMIN in debt cuz I got used to the lifestyle and ain't none of y'all watchin' The Houstons and ain't none of y'all buyin my overpriced, ghetto Marion P. candles and my husband, Gary Garland...cuz, u know, he ain't really a Houston, we just took Whitney's name so'z we could make a buck or two, is a worthless, POS, no-workin drug-addict himself. Hey! You wanna buy some candles?!!? $2 bucks off!!!" F*ck off, Pat, u greasy, shady, ashy bottom feeder!!!!!

MeMyself&i

Sounds like the guilt of murdering Whitney is getting to her. O'l Evil heffa!

zombie

Pat Houston= desperate attention ho.

Sue

Ditto on Carl's comment. Her Facebook post was a cry for help and her retraction was only a change of mind to admit she was suicidal.

CHRYL

This woman wants attention and money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alex

Just another addict

Shmyko29

And why should we care 'bout this woman??

Marvin

Give me money Bobbi... What a loser!

CHRYL

It appears that this woman is out to milk Whitney'
name for every penny she can get!!!!!!!

She is so obvious and It appears that the only person she is concerned about is HERSELF!!!!!

I hope Christina is watching what is going on here instead of what her grandmother is doing for this entire situation with what appears to be careers boosted from Whitney's death is very very very sad!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments