« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Bode Miller

Custody War Demands ...

Against Alleged Baby Mama

3/30/2013 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0329_bode_miller_getty_article2Olympic skiing champ Bode Miller wants to be in his son's life ... so much so, he's asking a judge to force his new baby mama to bring the kid back to California.

TMZ broke the story ... Bode's been battling Sara McKenna since filing a paternity suit demanding shared custody of their one-month-old son. McKenna has claimed Bode's a terrible dad ... who asked her to abort the child.

Bode insisted he has a good track record as a dad ... citing his relationship with another child, from a previous relationship.

Now, Bode has filed docs, asking a judge order Sara to take the baby out of New York ... and return to San Diego, where Bode lives. He also wants an order stating she needs written consent, if she wants to take the kid out of CA.

And there's this ... Bode's asking the judge order the child's last name be changed from McKenna to Miller.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

tdr9

We need more news

Josh2013

Who the hell is this retard?

no.longer.a.fan

That's f'ed up if he ordered the baby's name changed if they were never married.

Jenn

The custody changes seem reasonable, but what the hell is the justification for ordering a name change? What law makes the dad's last name the default?

helloitsme

I don't get the reasoning for changing the baby's name either. It sounds like he has his parental rights and is clearly known as the father. I agree @Jenn...what law makes the dad's last name by default? I don't live in CA though, so maybe the laws are different there?

jen

How come the forced name change? That doesn't sound right to me either if they weren't/aren't married unless that's what the mother wants but that doesn't sound like the case. It's good the baby will know who both his parents are and that they are involved in his life. I must admit I don't particularly care for Bodi or think much of him.

Deanna

Sorry TMZ. A judge can't order a single mother to change her child's last name. McKenna probably wanted it , since the dad was going to be in the picture now. It's against the law to do that. It's unwed mothers choice.

Bob the Builder3000

Seems to me that he's just looking for revenge. Or he and the new wife are. Not only is he just now suing for custody of the first child he has with another woman, after four years, but he wants child support from both women now.

He also didn't start all this suing other women until after his wife had a miscarriage.

“Quite hard morning. We lost the baby,” Miller’s wife and volleyball player Morgan Beck, wrote Saturday night, shortly after news that her hubby filed paternity lawsuits against 2 other women."

Besides his getting two women pregnant in the same year, he has that first daughter, too. Yet, he and the new wife complain about the ex not being on the pill. It sounds more to me like he's the one who needs to learn how to use a condom. Or just get snipped.

lickmy

Cant make her change name. The father can be added to birth cert.

andiblondi

that judge is an *******!!

Is that the way it is

Your wrong because judges can and do whatever they want. They use the excuse of discretion to cover the fact that they don't follow the law. It happened to me. my daughter was over a year and a half when the judge changed her name not to mention my daughter was over a year before this guy even put in for paternity. judges also ignore presumption, so please don't be as nieve as I was to think the law is the law. I was told my other child didn't matter, my family doesn't matter. Judges don't follow law or even best interest of child but who has how much and who knows who!

bernergirl

Can't she appeal, or is that not in family court.!

zombie

He sounds like an azz. All these kids with different women. Dude is obviously a bitter man ho. I feel for the woman and the baby.

bernergirl

She can appeal, and she can take it to a New York judge where she lives.

Readerofthisgarbage

Kelly Rutherford lost custody of her two kids when she didn't follow judge orders on changing their last names

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments