Pregnant Man

Divorce Judge is WRONG

I'm a Real Man!

4/4/2013 12:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0402-thomas-beatie

"Pregnant Man" Thomas Beatie is PISSED after a judge refused to grant him a divorce from his estranged wife -- and tells TMZ he's willing to take the fight all the way to the Supreme Court.

Beatie, a transgender male, is appealing a decision handed down Friday ... when a judge in AZ denied his divorce from Nancy Beatie -- on the grounds the marriage was NEVER legal since Beatie couldn't prove he was a man during their nuptials ... and the state doesn't recognize same-sex marriage.

Beatie tells TMZ he's not giving up the fight, his attorneys are already drafting up the appeal -- and he'll go the Supreme Court if that's what it takes.

He explains, "This is personal. This ruling is an attack on my person, my identity, and my family. It's sad and embarrassing that Judge Gerlach is more focused on wanting to delegitimize my children than legitimize my family."

Beatie continues, "The judge is obviously uncomfortable with me. He has a problem with me having a legal male identity and using my internal organs to start a family."

You'll recall ... the judge made it clear from the beginning​, he had issues with the validity of Beatie's marriage based on the fact that while married he bore the couple's 3 children ... something no man could do.

But Beatie is adamant, the issue is MUCH bigger than his divorce ... "This is not Beatie versus Beatie. This is the State of AZ versus transgender people, human reproductive rights, and fairness under the law."

FYI -- Beatie was born a woman, but began a sex change in 1997. He married Nancy in 2003 in Hawaii. He filed for divorce in April 2012, claiming Nancy was abusive. Allegations she denied.

timmsa

sorry, I have to side with the judge on this one. This is a woman. Just because you had your breasts removed, does not make you a man. you gave birth to 3 kids. That makes you a woman. And if by removing your breasts, you feel that legally makes you a man. I guess every woman who has had breast cancer, and had to have their boobs removed are legally men then. Sorry it doesn't work that way. And you both knew this could happen later down the road.

nathan

a real transgendered man would never have stopped
hormone treatments to have babies. thats the first thing a psychiatrist asks before approving you for their program. it would have been different if you had them before you started treatments

Elvis

OMG this is a side show, the sad part is that they have kids. These two ladies are totally irresponsible. They are now affecting the lives of 3 innocent children, who already have to deal with the crazy choices the two women made and they have to live in this freaks circus. These kids deserve a normal live, with loving parents who love them more than themselves. The lady who thinks she is a guy, but has chosen to give birth is a publicity tramp, loves to be on the spot light.

poolchick3

She is mentally ill obviously, because, physiologically, she is still a woman. She does not have a prostate, nor testicles. And the fact she goes around claiming to be a man, speaks volumes about what our society does not do to help these unfortunate souls.

Troi

Although I'm not a stupid person, this 'dad' case has me kinda confused. I understand the various test,chemical compensation,whacking and attaching various body parts,....WHAT determines the TRUE transition and determination a person has changed their sex. It's my understanding this 'dad' delivered both children vaginally, doesn't that constitute female genetalia?, and therefore a woman,........anyone has 'some' knowledge about this,....thanks.

spectator72

What's with the moustache

gegeok

Lol.... Her DNA is a woman!!! Lol.. she wanted to play man dress up!!! It should be illegal to change your sex!!! Lol.... that's what she gets and her kids will be screwed up.. heck... look at her!!

puddintang

Well this is how I see it. IF he was a female and was legally married in Hawaii as a lesbian couple then AZ should honor the legal marriage and dissolve the union. They honor child support orders from other states so honor a legally binding marriage the same way and grant the divorce. Male/female/transgender should not apply as a reason to deny it.

Gretel

He has ovaries. He gets a period. He has a uterus. He is a female.

verlinda

Wow !!!!!

E.elm

"Real" men can't have babies. He's such a D-bag. Someone needs to tie his tubes so he/she can't have babies anymore. Trash

I would have supported her right to be male, has they adopted. She opted to use her female parts to have children when that proved convenient. I agree with the judge's ruling. I also fully support REAL transgenders that understand the difference.

OooooNooo!

"I'm a real man! (Opps, my flow just started! Does anyone have a tampon I can barrow?)

Nun ja biz

If "he" can have babies then this person is still a woman.

lily

I don't care what you think you are, if you have female organs in you, your female.