'Game of Thrones' Star

'I Have Less than $5 in My Bank Account'

4/4/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0403_lena_heady_hbo_article
Actress Lena Headey -- aka evil Queen Cersei from "Game of Thrones" -- claims she's dead broke with "less than $5 in her bank account" ... and she desperately needs her tax refund to cover her living expenses.

Headey opened up about her dire financial situation in new legal docs, obtained by TMZ, which she filed in response to her husband Peter Loughran's demands for half of their $46,000 tax refund from 2011 ... which technically could be community property from their marriage.

Lena -- who filed for divorce from Peter last year -- says she needs $6,000 from that refund ASAP because she's barely scraping by, living off credit to make ends meet for her and their 2-year-old son.

It's pretty shocking since she's currently a main character on one of the most popular shows on TV.

Lena says she expects to receive acting income in the near future, but she needs the $6,000 advance from the refund right now.

Lena says she's willing to give Peter $6,000 from the refund to cover his living expenses ... but she wants the rest placed into a two-signature blocked bank account pending a settlement.

The judge denied Peter's emergency motion for half the money, and Lena's proposal got tossed out with it ... so it's still unclear how the exes will split the money.

bob

A Lannister always pays his debts!

Mrugowsky

She's lying.

mrharrybawls2012

George Burns wrote his entire will on his c**ck. But the judge said it would never stand up in court.

mrharrybawls2012

If I won $30,000,000 in the lottery, I would keep
$29,000,000 for myself. And with the remaining money, I would give $1 each to a million different people... AROUND THE WORLD. Thanks in advance..but not everyone is as generous as Me.

William Kramer

I want frickin half !!!!!

Dave

What a crazy story. I wonder how much she's getting paid for for GOT. If she doesn't have any money now, she sure will be getting some soon enough.

Dave

A Lannister always pays their debts

Keyser Söze

Headey has been working continuously for the last decade - she was in tons of movies ("300", "St. Trinian's") and TV shows ("Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles")... which beg the question: the f*ck did she do with all of her money!?

Time to have a serious talk with your financial consultant, Lena...

Cashanova

Sometimes people who are stars like this, have to, by any means live the life of an A-list celebrity, living well beyond their means. It happens all the time. It must have something to do with ego, because a well grounded person always has something saved for a rainy day.

mrharrybawls2012

Why doesn't this damn trollip just have a garage sale to raise a couple of dollars? I once had a garage sale but shut it down after only 20 minutes (just closed the garage door electronically) while people were walking up to my house, when it occurred to me I didn't want complete strangers wandering around my home. One elderly gentleman didn't take too kindly to me shutting down things early, so I just turned the lawn sprinklers on. I will never forget that day...

exlax

claim your a illegal immigrant and obama will bail you out

dreamon

Lol oh come on!!! Talk about an exaggeration lol. I mean, she IS kidding......RIGHT?

Cashanova

What I meant by that, is she's using a very, very public platform to state this fact, a fact almost any actor with a heart of pride would never think of doing in a million years.. It damages their ego, and that's an important thing in Hollywood. I think this is a humbling experience for Lena, and she will get through it, and probably not make these mistakes again.

cobrazombie

So what happens when the bank takes its monthly fee out? That's not even ramen conditions.

Cashanova

Does the cast and crew get royalties, or since it's on HBO they get paid by appearances only?