'Game of Thrones' Star

'I Have Less than $5 in My Bank Account'

4/4/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0403_lena_heady_hbo_article
Actress Lena Headey -- aka evil Queen Cersei from "Game of Thrones" -- claims she's dead broke with "less than $5 in her bank account" ... and she desperately needs her tax refund to cover her living expenses.

Headey opened up about her dire financial situation in new legal docs, obtained by TMZ, which she filed in response to her husband Peter Loughran's demands for half of their $46,000 tax refund from 2011 ... which technically could be community property from their marriage.

Lena -- who filed for divorce from Peter last year -- says she needs $6,000 from that refund ASAP because she's barely scraping by, living off credit to make ends meet for her and their 2-year-old son.

It's pretty shocking since she's currently a main character on one of the most popular shows on TV.

Lena says she expects to receive acting income in the near future, but she needs the $6,000 advance from the refund right now.

Lena says she's willing to give Peter $6,000 from the refund to cover his living expenses ... but she wants the rest placed into a two-signature blocked bank account pending a settlement.

The judge denied Peter's emergency motion for half the money, and Lena's proposal got tossed out with it ... so it's still unclear how the exes will split the money.

rickst3r

stars earn & spend alot of money. end of story.

MOUTH

I'm a single mom with less than $5k in my bank too.....Can I have some money????

Have any of these celebrities ever heard of a BUDGET? How DO the rest of us manage to live our lives on such measly wages?

Cynic

Cynic

HELP! I only have $5.00 in my bank account. I need someone to send me money so I don't have to sell my 5 million dollar house or my 2012 Bentley! Yep... I feel sorry for her!

Nate

Actors nowadays don't get paid spit. The money comes from side jobs like perfume adds. And hooking.

Zelda

She also starred in last season's DEXTER. What's she doing, burning her money?

Donovan

I make $400 a week

Keven

LOL
I got more cash than a Lannister

mark

I will give her 50 dollars to make me holler!

Taryn

I guess a Lannister doesn't always pay his debts. Hahaha

Dick

Whatever! If people are able to live with an income of 20,000 a year (that's most minorities and high school dropouts) Don't you tell me that you can't live with an income of 1,000,000 a year.... Suck on that!!!!

sbruce1154

Hey Lena, I will loan you some money for a date.

Donald Putnam

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

2257

I got $100 for her. Just need 10 minutes of her time. OK, 3 minutes.

boobs