Britney Spears

Annette Funicello's Passing

'Is Great'

4/8/2013 1:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0408_britney_videoMaybe she hadn't heard the news, maybe she didn't understand the question, or maybe she's just a coldhearted person who hates awesome people ... but when we asked Britney Spears today about the passing of Annette Funicello, she took a moment, smiled, and said, "I think that's great!"

Funicello, the most famous original member of Mickey Mouse Club, passed away today at the age of 70 ... so asking Britney, the most famous modern member, about her death made complete sense.

Britney's answer, however, made none.

update_bar
1:30 PM PT -- Britney just tweeted, "Misheard a question I was asked earlier by press while I was out and about. I am DEVASTATED to hear about the passing of Annette Funicello ... She was a role model for me during my days as a Mouseketeer."

Jeff

Wealth and intelligence are not always indicative of each other, especially in the entertainment industry, but in all fairness Brittany does not pretend to be educated or enlightened or take up faux causes for good PR, she has a champagne budget yet seems to be happiest with a wal-mart lifestyle, good for her.

Jackie

LOL...so she go on Twitter?.....Stupid Uneducated celebs. There's always a way to say Pardon me" or can you repeat the question than answering quickly. SMH

tamara

I think it's funny. She obviously didn't hear the questions, you can tell by her face. Brit is cool, give her a break.

kicksroute66

OMG NO... Just go away.

EricTN

As someone else here already commented, even if she had heard the question clearly, Britney would likely be taken aback by verbiage like "the passing of Annette Funicello" She might have said "it's great" to buy some time to go look up what the question might have meant.

Sam

She said "I think". Lol, no she doesn't.

Truth

OH MAN, BITCH HEARD THE QUESTION RIGHT... TMZ PAP SAID IT LOUD ENUFF AND NO ONE ELSE WAS TALKING. BITCH HAS AN IQ OF -10. NOW THE C*NT IS BACK PEDDLING IN HER TWEET. POINT BLANK!! #TRUTH!!

Margie Becker

Brittany is not even good enough to lick the bottom of Annette dirty show , Annette was class with no doubt , Brittany is a no talent whore,, she should have been the one to leave us today , But i,m sure heavan doesn,t want her either

Areader

She didn't hear the question and she made good on it!

ltwbat@comcast.net

I don't think she heard the question right.....

Dawn

LOOK at her eyes, this girl is STILL not well! LEAVE HER ALONE for God's sake! You know darn well that she didn't understand the question - she is mentally ill! You wouldn't be picking on someone with a serious medical condition so stop picking on the girl with a serious mental condition just like Amanda Bynes - ENOUGH!

It's me again

well she probably just misheard seeing it was said only once with a door slammed ,you know how it is with the paparazzi harassing you all the time ,you hit ignore button and try to hurry away

Diamond Goddess!

I think we need to ease up on Brit.
She and Annette were fellow Mouseketeers, and she probably gets asked about her a fair bit, and didn't know she had died.
Brit looks REALLY good here, if a tad manic.

Calin

TMZ you can be a bunch of losers !!!!

Gabriella

I don't understand why everyone is so hateful on here. She obviously misheard the question, I don't understand why people get such pleasure out of being mean to Britney. We are lucky she even looked at the camera to be honest because she doesn't owe anyone anything. LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!