« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Kerry Rhodes

'I AM NOT GAY'

4/11/2013 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0410-kerry-rhoades-gettyNFL star Kerry Rhodes -- who's been in the league since 2005 -- tells TMZ he's not gay ... despite reports suggesting otherwise.

Photos surfaced Thursday on MediaTakeOut.com showing 30-year-old Rhodes with his arm around a male friend. The site didn't say outright Rhodes was gay, but there was a strong insinuation ... not that there's anything wrong with it.

But Rhodes says he's as straight as an arrow -- telling TMZ, "Photos have been circulating of my former assistant and I that have caused some rumors regarding my sexuality, and I wanted to address the situation."

Rhodes then says flatly, "I am not gay."

Rhodes explains:  "The shots were taken during a past vacation in a casual environment with my entire business team."

Rhodes says when it comes to being supportive of gay professional athletes coming out, he's on Magic Johnson's team:  "I know a lot of people are recently talking about athletes struggling to come out to their fans right now, and I support them, as well as wish those individuals comfort."

Rhodes -- who played for the Cardinals last year -- is now a free agent.

0411_kerry_rhodes_football_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Kaveman

reminds me what the shark said on Nemo at the "AA" meeting... D E N I A L !

jokerchick

sure buddy

sophiastormy

This adamantly denying makes him sound gay. Just saying

CoconutScrimp

Twitter was going wild when the photos were posted on MediaTakeOut! LOL

Truth

Liberals will destroy the NFL with their pc politics just like they do everything else. They are truly fanatical.

Rocky

Yes he it, but I would still do him. He has a niceeeeeee body

Truth

Note how he has "to explain" how he is not gay. But just try getting someone to explain "why they are" gay. Liberal hypocrisy example #3946581

Sam

He looks gay lol

too shay

This guy is obviously a closet homosexual or bisexual. Straight men don't go around carrying other grown men like that, unless it's after one of them sustained a war injury. Not to mention those arms-around-his-'personal assistant' photos. Just come out already!

Pockets

Ohwell = only horny where effeminate lads lurk.
lol that **** is killing me.

Evelyn

IF IT WALKS LIKE A DUCK....IT TALKS LIKE A DUCK...IT IS A DUCK! YOU ARE GAYER THAN TWO DUDES F*CKIN ON A GD RAINBOW!! STOP LYIN - THE PICTURES SAY ENOUGH DUDE! LMAO

SPEAK-the-TRUTH

He claims he's not gay and he sure in hell is no star in this league soooo yea bravo tmz

milly5

Media take out sucks! Don't go on their website, you will get viruses!!

Ryan B.

At least he didn't get all "oh no, faaaar from it" like Teo did.

Cami

Wow, thanks TMZ for letting me know who is not gay.