« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Kerry Rhodes

'I AM NOT GAY'

4/11/2013 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0410-kerry-rhoades-gettyNFL star Kerry Rhodes -- who's been in the league since 2005 -- tells TMZ he's not gay ... despite reports suggesting otherwise.

Photos surfaced Thursday on MediaTakeOut.com showing 30-year-old Rhodes with his arm around a male friend. The site didn't say outright Rhodes was gay, but there was a strong insinuation ... not that there's anything wrong with it.

But Rhodes says he's as straight as an arrow -- telling TMZ, "Photos have been circulating of my former assistant and I that have caused some rumors regarding my sexuality, and I wanted to address the situation."

Rhodes then says flatly, "I am not gay."

Rhodes explains:  "The shots were taken during a past vacation in a casual environment with my entire business team."

Rhodes says when it comes to being supportive of gay professional athletes coming out, he's on Magic Johnson's team:  "I know a lot of people are recently talking about athletes struggling to come out to their fans right now, and I support them, as well as wish those individuals comfort."

Rhodes -- who played for the Cardinals last year -- is now a free agent.

0411_kerry_rhodes_football_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Dino

That fugly guy is not gay ... Good ... Let's move on! Next !

jOe

There are gay people everywhere including athletes! Does it really matter? Who cares...

Pink

Sure, sure and I got a golden gate bridge in San Francisco I want to sell you.

imorena

neither is Tom Cruise. Or John Travolta. or Ricky Martin...oh wait.

sgm

If he believes there is not anything wrong with being gay, then why even say anything about it! Me thinks he doth protests too much!

ylie

Those pictures are not lying, he is. Whatever he chooses to be is his business but choosing to mislead women is not cool!

PT

Ain't nobody's GD business.

SoManyIdiots

If it quacks like a duck, it's usually a duck

Sassy

That website ALWAYS has a story insinuating some celeb is gay when a photo pops up of someone acting goofy with their friends. If a female celeb kisses her female friend on the cheek they post a story saying the two seem a little too close to just be friends. Certain outfits athletes wear cause them to raise eyebrows, too. If we follow the stories on that site, then everybody's gay. You, you, and you, too!

As for Rhodes, I don't know or care, cause that's his personal business. Set that site up at a frat house and see what they say about the silly hijinx that go on. Goodness! No one can goof off with the same sex without the automatic gay stamp? It's awfully comical in this day and age to try to label each celeb. Get out of their bedrooms! Let people be what they are till they tell you otherwise. Stop dissecting pap photos, MediaTO!

Wrestlingmark00

Walks like duck talks like duck not a penguin

mr.howell

He may not be gay,but on the photo's he's a scrEAMING! Queen!..hello!..just saying!..lol!

KicksandGiggles

Nobody does not need to explain anything to anybody.
Nobody gives a crap unless it affects his football play. He should give anybody the finger who asks him further about his personal business.

Toilethead

He looks gay.

Machelle

I saw all the photos; if he isn't gay he must play one on tv. He was on vacay with his entire staff yet he was only physical and hugged up with the same one dude.

Steve

Grow up TMZ! You are Bullies!