« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Kerry Rhodes

'I AM NOT GAY'

4/11/2013 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0410-kerry-rhoades-gettyNFL star Kerry Rhodes -- who's been in the league since 2005 -- tells TMZ he's not gay ... despite reports suggesting otherwise.

Photos surfaced Thursday on MediaTakeOut.com showing 30-year-old Rhodes with his arm around a male friend. The site didn't say outright Rhodes was gay, but there was a strong insinuation ... not that there's anything wrong with it.

But Rhodes says he's as straight as an arrow -- telling TMZ, "Photos have been circulating of my former assistant and I that have caused some rumors regarding my sexuality, and I wanted to address the situation."

Rhodes then says flatly, "I am not gay."

Rhodes explains:  "The shots were taken during a past vacation in a casual environment with my entire business team."

Rhodes says when it comes to being supportive of gay professional athletes coming out, he's on Magic Johnson's team:  "I know a lot of people are recently talking about athletes struggling to come out to their fans right now, and I support them, as well as wish those individuals comfort."

Rhodes -- who played for the Cardinals last year -- is now a free agent.

0411_kerry_rhodes_football_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

hellooo!!

Fairy.

JUN

I HONESTLY do believe he is NOT GAY until he gets caught again with his draws down and dick inside a nice warm booty, but until then he's SAFE or should i say his secret is safe. but i dont think he would have commented on the matter if he was.

rob

those pics looked like they were a pretty happy couple. I don't even hold my brothers like that. they banging.

Tay

If he is or if he isn't, it's nobody's business but his and those he's ****ing. As long as he's wrapping it up. LET HIM LIVE.

I can't wait til the day we stop playing this game of guess who's gay? "witch hunt" ****. its annoying. Everyday you hear oh he/she might be gay. Who gives a **** if they are or not it's their damn business. People act like straight and gay people can't be friends. I have tons of straight male friends we kick it, have family gatherings and everything. Just because you're a straight male doesn't mean a gay male is looking at you or wants you. Granted, there are some that prowl upon straight men, those particular gays I am not defending nor do I associate myself with them. In fact I despise them as much as l despise those that are DL. More importantly live in your truth and be honest with yourself. If you can't love and be honest to yourself how the hell you gonna love or be honest to anyone else.

Cody

Magic needs to drink a tall glass of shut the $&&k up just because his son is gay he wants to capitalize on others mess just to stay in the spot light and no one knows what this guy does behind closed doors. Zzzz

BradDavis

I'm not sure about this guy but I know for a fact that 50% of th NY Yankees are gay.

hank the tank

First he was a tight end then he was a wide receiver, now he is just a defensive black. BTW dude is gay.

Alicia1971

I saw the pictures, he's gay!! Don't lie be who you are...only God can judge

NameNotImportat

F.a.g

Dumas

Oh and so what?

John

BEFORE THE PHOTOS of him and the other dude, I had never heard of Kerry Rhodes. And when I saw the photos I thought, wow... cool dude.

BUT NOW that I am reading this headline about "I'm not gay," makes it sound like gay is a bad thing to be. Therefore, in that case, forget his classless black azz.

Who needs him? Seriously.

John

I would rather look at, and read about, NFL player Chris Johnson signing autographs with his pants at his knees.

F*ck Kerry Rhoades.

t

they dont call it gay.... I think its called "the down low" gay or not gay just dont bust my 3 team parlay

Amy

WHY DOES SOMEONE HAVE TO BE GAY!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL DO ANY OF YOU BUSYBODIES EVEN CARE?! ARE YOU GAY? I THINK SOME OF YOUR BEHAVIOR MIGHT BE KINDA QUEER. WHEN ARE YOU GONNA COME OUT OF THE CLOSET? NOT EVERYONE IS A POTENTIAL GAY PERSON. SO STOP LETTING SOCIETY SCAM YOU OUT OF A GOOD LIFE BY MAKING YOU QUESTION YOUR SEXUALITY.

Rosetta's STONED

Kerry...YOU ARE GAY. Embrace it boo.