Ex-Boston Guitarist Sued

More Than A Feeling ...

You're Ripping Me Off!

4/19/2013 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0419-boston-barry-tom-getty
The founder of the '70s band Boston has more than a feeling that his ex-guitarist is ripping him off ... and that's why he's suing the guy.

Boston founder Tom Scholz says former axe-man Barry Goudreau -- a member from 1976-1979 -- is committing musical blasphemy by using the band's name to promote his solo career.

Let's go way back in time ... when Tom gave Barry a severance package to leave the band  ... including 20% of the royalties for the band's first two albums.  According to the lawsuit,  Barry agreed to leave the Boston name alone for good.

Now Tom says Barry has been trading on the name ... even performing their songs at his shows.

But really, all Tom wants is to have his peace of mind. And lots of money.

ChitownCletus

Am I going to be the first to fall prey to TMZ's Diabolical post timing? ...... No, I am not.

Mr.Mackey

You can always tell when a old washed up hippy runs out of $$$. Time for the reunion tour. Mkay

IwuvTMZ

Boston- I get it.

flyskimmer

I didnt know Jeff Spicoli was a member of Boston!

spectator72

It's more than a feeling when your being ripped off .
If Tom Scholz isn't in the band then it's just a cover band .

What???

Tom Scholz is a great human being. He donates to many great charities. I have personally received large checks from him for animal rescue and other projects aimed at preventing cruelty to animals. I'm talking into six figures for my nonprofits alone. And i know he supports many other charities besides mine. And he continues giving every year, even without being asked. He is a fantastic person and I'll always respect him for caring about those who can never thank him or do anything for him in return.

Chuck bass

WOW trying to pull off Boston internet traffic

Kelly05

Are you kidding me!!!! Why in the world would you post this stupid story!!!! OMG

JW

Man... First Tom drives one member of his band to suicide and now this!

catharinemily

Thanks for posting. Some of us like stories about actusl musicians unlike some of the other idiot comments

latestdiets.net

what about Amanda?

JC

That was all such a long time ago. The record industry is now dead, and people aren't even supporting artists by buying there music. Why can't they all just get along?