Boston Marathon Bomber

Tamerlan Tsarnaev

DEATH PHOTO SURFACES

4/19/2013 10:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0419-boston-suspect-Tamerlan-Tsarnaev-gettyA gruesome death photo of the Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev has surfaced online ... and law enforcement sources tell TMZ it's 100% authentic.

The photo first appeared on Reddit moments ago ... posted by someone who claims the photo was obtained by a "friend" who works downtown.

The picture shows the lifeless corpse of 26-year-old Tamerlan laying on a table.

The body has multiple bullet wounds ... as well as a gigantic gash along his chest rib cage area.

The body is covered in blood ... especially in the facial region.

In the death photo, Tamerlan's mouth and eyes are open wide.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the photo is authentic. One source tells us officials are investigating to find out who leaked the picture.

Tamerlan was killed in a shootout with police in Watertown, Massachusetts early this morning. His 19-year-old brother Dzhokhar is on the run.

Both are suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing that killed 3 people and injured nearly 200 more.

Lisa

It's a fake! Two exact pictures circulating, one has gash on left side and the other one gash is on the right side. Totally fake!!! Come on TMZ

CriticXtreme

I've seen it.

Alistair

Congrats to everyone involved I salute you. To catch the bastards as quick as you did my heart go's at to you all. For all Australian's we are behind you. My thoughts are to all family and friends who are affected stay strong

Helen

Why would he have needles in his arm and heart monitor stickers on his chest after they shot him dead? Once your dead your dead aren't you , The photo is pretty horrific and shouldn't have been put up on the internet. The families of these boys are going to suffer enough to and wonder why these boys did this for the rest of their lives. They are probably still in shock and still in denial. I would be to if this was my sons. And don't get me wrong I am not sticking up for these boys but I do have compassion for their families also they did nothing wrong..

ahksehl83

Jessica

Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job Ive had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this - 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringin home at least $77 per hour. I work through this link, Mojo50.com

BenDog

Kill all Muslims !

Derrick

I’m glad they caught the TRAITOR. This great country gives him asylum from his
former country and this is how he repays America? The entire of city of Boston shut down and sporting events cancelled and postponed. Bomber suspect also revealed his true feelings of America on his twitter a year ago. This controversial tweet has not been published on any media outlet. You can read more at: http://www.basketballworld24.com/2013/04/boston-bomber-reeks-havoc-in-boston.html

sara

Our president is a terrorist that helps plan out and cover up terrorist attacks.

Krank Tech

The death photo's of Tamerlan were gruesome, but I even have a video here of the gunfire and firefight between the police and Tamerlan. It is RAW Footage and there are *GRAPHIC PHOTOS!

TEAM LAMMY

If your not guilty, then why run, and why kill cops in the process. He could have called 911 and said hey u have my photo,but I think u have the wrong guy . But they never did, they panic cuz they where guilty. I hope they set this dude on fire in public

Rikki Doxx

Read where most of his injuries happened when his brother ran over him in a car trying to escape.

spirittoo

The government and corporate news has been caught at so many lies it's pretty stupid to take them at face value on this ... they have given nothing but hearsay as though it were fact. Only the politically stupid are going to believe them,but the rest of us knows this is another false flag attack to push a political agenda.

leah