Maksim Chmerkovskiy

I Hurt My Moneymaker ...

MY ANKLE!!!

4/21/2013 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0419-tmz-maksim-chmerkovskiyEven if Maksim Chmerkovskiy does want to dance with stars again, the Ukrainian pro needs ankle surgery before he can even consider a return to "Dancing with the Stars."

As TMZ first reported
, Maksim sat out the most recent season to pursue other entertainment gigs ... so far he's got an appearance on "General Hospital" to show for it.

Sources tell us, producers at "DWTS" desperately want Maksim to return to the show next season. But sources close to Maksim say that won't be possible until he gets surgery on one of his ankles.

We're told the wear and tear of working with untrained dancers each season has taken its toll Maksim (as opposed to dancing with another pro, which is way easier).

Our sources say producers are throwing around various ideas to make Maksim a part of the show in any way possible ... perhaps as just a choreographer.

Macy12

He's so hot !!!!!

John

The show has been dull without him.

alex

I'll kiss it till it's all better

mr.howell

Then don't wear 'Pumps' when you dance!..girl!.lol!.

mr.howell

In Vegas, people actually pay money to sit and watch this crappy show live!..

KicksandGiggles

Tell the surgeon to give him a new attitude, one that includes gratefulness, humility, and tact. He is NOT all that -- looks or dancing!!!

What!

Rude Boy

Cricket

This guy became too big for his britches awhile ago. His attitude is horrible. I bet they weren't too sad to see him go, can't imagine they'd want him back.

GregSr

This guy's ego is more than I can tolerate. The show is better without him.

megan

DWTS needs to stop bringing on the BIG old gals!!! They're heavy, clumsy, often stiff, look ridiculous in ill-advised costumes, and are fricken downright dangerous....Horrible to watch too. Like watching Cows in Drag...Wynona , Nancy Grace, etc. You only get one body and it's abusive of ABC to knowingly risk these dancer's bodies.

Sundra Chalid

Come back please

Tracey

He should try prolotherapy first. It regenerates soft tissue.

JimmyMackey

Maks is my wife’s favorite dancer on this show and I’m sure, like some of the people commenting here, a draw to the show in general. I think the producers are smart to keep him on there in some way. Well, if I didn’t have to work at my job at DISH so early in the morning, I would watch the show at night, but it works out to watch in the morning when I’m getting ready. I love it because I can start watching in the bedroom, then switch to the kitchen and pick up right where I left off with my DISH Hopper DVR. I finish in the living room while I’m drinking my coffee and waking up so it really helps me watch more TV than I have time otherwise.

Chris

Bring Max back as a judge to replace Bruno who is an embarrassment to the show.

Bettsie

Bring Max back although ankle surgery is dicey . Let's get the best doctor and bring back some REAL Dancing and handsome to boot. Val is just as good. These brothers and true classy professionals.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2