« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Boston Gay Pride Parade

We Want Jason Collins

To LEAD 2013 March

4/29/2013 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0429_jason_collins_boston_pride_getty
Well, that was quick ... TMZ has learned Jason Collins has officially been asked to lead Boston's pride parade this summer, hours after the NBA star announced that he's gay.

A rep for parade tells TMZ, “Boston Pride is formally inviting Jason Collins to be a Marshal in the 2013 Boston Pride Parade ... Boston Pride is proud that our annual celebration helped to inspire Jason Collins to make his groundbreaking decision to come out."

You'll recall ... Collins told Sports Illustrated that the Boston Pride Parade was one of the main reasons he came out, claiming he always wanted to participate ... but couldn't because he was scared of public scrutiny.

Collins said he planned to march this year on June 8th -- but now he could be getting the VIP treatment instead ... which may or may not involve a bunch of half-naked men dancing in briefs.

0429_openly_gay_athletes_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

JennaKennedy

I am so tired of this story already.

static

It's 2013 being gay is no big deal get over yourself already.

Cam

If you're gay I can care less I don't go boasting around that im straight :)

CoconutScrimp

"a bunch of half-naked men dancing in briefs"

Yeah that's "pride" right there. Not.

LDB

thirsty much?

John

Why do gays latch on to anything gay that moves. This guy may not want to be in a parade. They are desperate for any person, place or thing that will give them acceptance.

LOLOL

Gay Pride Parade = Walking Victims

LOLOL

Gay Pride Parade = Largest gathering of people who can't throw a baseball.

James R. - Los Angeles

And then the Disneyland and Disneyworld parades. Should his NBA career fail, he has one waiting in Hollywood.

trish

Why do gay men want to make such a big deal that they like to do each other? big deal, you have sex, big deal..I agree with static and jennakennedy. Get over it....I'm sick of all the attention gay people get..I don't run around celebrating my heterosexuality.. how lame it makes them look.

shannon

UTGH I am so tired of people saying that gay people should keep their sex lives to themselves. When I tell people I am married, nobody gets all crazy telling me to keep my sex life private. What is the difference? If you are imagining sex when people tell you who you they are, thats all on you. Let people love who they want.

Colonel Nudge

what's he protecting his teeth from?.. kielbasa thumping?

sick

I get it. I'M MORE POPULAR SAYING WHO OR WHAT I'M AM THAN WHAT I DO. THIS GAY ISH IS SICK TO MY STOMACH. LIL SISSY MEN SHOULD MAN UP AND LIL MANLY WOMAN SHOULD WOMAN UP. GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL.

Lady_ELLE

It seems that everyday someone must make headlines by announcing that they are gay!

No shade... just saying. :)

Gravity's Silhouette

So he's strictly dickly. Big deal. Who cares? Does anybody care? I can't find one single person who gives a rat's ass about an athlete's love/sex life. It's gone from "equal rights" and "marriage equality" to simply shoving this agenda in our faces no matter where we turn. I watch sports to avoid the harsh realities of life...of a cold, cruel, uncaring world. And now I've got to be confronted with these social issues?

And if he has one iota of pride he will totally skip these "pride parades"; they're nothing but a floating orgy and carnival of lust. Mmmm...on second thought....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments