« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jason Collins

And The First Pro Athlete to Make a Homophobic Tweet Is ...

4/29/2013 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0428_mike_wallace_article

... Miami Dolphins wide receiver Mike Wallace!!

Just HOURS after NBA player Jason Collins announced he's gay, 26-year-old Wallace took right to Twitter to provide the first ignorant comment.

“All these beautiful women in the world and guys wanna mess with other guys SMH (shakin' my head) …”

30 minutes later, Wallace deleted his tweet and replaced it with a half-assed explanation:

"Never said anything was right or wrong I just said I don't understand!! Deeply sorry for anyone that I offended."

Fun Fact -- Dolphins are one of the few animals that engage in gay sex!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Grumpy1855

How we have stooped so low, how we have now bowed down to the Gay group now voted in, accepted, embraced Etc............this nation that has now gone to hell , politicans, representives ,illegals,gays, drugs and list goes one and on...when are we going to wake up and see oh wait we are to drugged, high,and hugging and making out with...Once upon a time we had a nation of common sense...someone flushed the might toilet and it keep running...

CatM

He's entitled to his opinion.

andy

Who gives a rats behind who announces he's queer.

BMoore

Think you miscategorized his tweet. He may be ignorant to the homosexual lifestyle, but nothing he said was "homophobic". Stop labeling everything this way.

Jon

Actually, I have to conditionally defend him on this one-- I've had friends in the past say (in a tongue in cheek way) "You don't know what you're missing-- all the more beautiful ladies for me... I'm the first one to call out a homophobe, but in this case, it's just possible that his intent and tone got lost in the written word... I'll reserve judgement for now...

T-Howell

TMz...please explain how M. Wallace statement of his feelings become homophobic" and nothing was ignorant about a man stating how he feels. Nothing against anyone, but why are we even making a big deal about each and ever celebrate that comes out the closet. Who cares and I wish we stop giving this air time...this is not news. If J. Collins want to come out fine, then M. Wallace and whomever else can make statements rather you agree or not. We praise the sin, but go against a persons personal feelings...I don't understand it either...

Piper

I agree. Why are all the men in this world chasing men now? It is disgusting really.

Taleitlikeitis

What doesn't offend gay people hell they all be so uptight it's like they got a penis up they ass lol

Epr22

I guess unlike so many athletes do Jason Collins should be out there having tons of baby mamas and tons of kids they didn't plan. This guy pretty much showed is ignorance right off the bat! If he thinks that statement made him a big man think again, Mike Wallace you are the idiot! I'm a female and I wouldn't want my kid having your genetics over Jason Collins.

Steve-Oh

who is jason collins??

Steve-Oh

Who the hell is Jason Collins?

Steve-Oh

any word on the NBA going to a zone only defense?? man to man D may get a little "to close for contact."

Nosy and Concerned

I have nothing to say on the topic...however I wonder if he felt like he was in a catch 22 by coming out....did he feel like he had to so that his teammates would know? Usually your friends or people you work with already know ...so why did he come out? Was he being threatened by gossip sites and thought that maybe it would be better coming from him? I wonder what his reasoning was...I don't even know this guy

Steve-Oh

Has Jason Collins always been a ball hog, or did he choose to become a ball hog? either way, he needs to get more ASSists.

terri

PLEASE CHAnGE his pic, He's no longer a STEELER!!