« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jets CUT Tim Tebow

Don't Let the Door Hit Ya,

Where the Good Lord ...

4/29/2013 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0429_tim_tebow_getty
Our quarterback, which art in New York ... Tim Tebow be thy name ... YOU'RE FIRED!!!

Tebow will no longer have the opportunity to deliver the New York Jets from evil, 'cause the team cut his ass ... just days after drafting another QB with a more fluid throwing motion (Geno Smith).

Jets coach Rex Ryan said in a release today, "We have a great deal of respect for Tim Tebow. Unfortunately, things did not work out the way we all had hoped. Tim is an extremely hard worker, evident by the shape he came back in this offseason. We wish him the best moving forward."

The Jets acquired Tebow last year in a trade, but he threw only eight passes this past season. The move cost the Jets over $4 million.

You may be seated.

0109_tebow_tebowing_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

static

They should have released Rex Ryan.

Glynn

Most overrated player in the NFL

JJ

LOL! And the Jets just keep digging themselves deeper. Who knows, maybe THIS year Sanchez will magically learn how to be a QB!? LMAO!

WOW

TEBOW SHOULDT EVEN B N THE NFL PERIOD.

bjay

Look at you, TMZ. Trying to make believe you know bible verses.

Reese

Now he can be a youth minister and sit by the fire with a guitar and sing contemporary Christian songs.

She's baaaack

The Lord giveth and The Lord Taketh away. I'm not one of those self-righteous bible thumpers and I would never decide I "knew" what God was doing or thinking, but maybe it's God's way of saying "Sitteth down and shutteth up"

my_name

Time Tebow is the list overrated player, and personally I hate how he got down on one knee like he was "praying"...For what? God to help him win the game? lol that guy should NEVER be a qb let alone in the NFL. Rex Ryan is still a douche for making that kinda deal and NEVER letting him play and waiting until the season almosts starts before releasing him...what an a$$hole......Jets SUCK

idiots_abound

All he does is win. Jets mishandled him every second he was in NYC. I know he's not a great qb. But I do believe a teams chances of winning increase when he is on the field.

hummm

that was a major blessing... that team sucks.

hummm

tmz is really gay about this situation.

Chuck

My, my TMZ...what a nasty writer you have.

Toilethead

I hope he put his money away. He's not going to be getting any more huge paychecks.

Cricket

Firstly, I don't like football, but feel this guy has always been overrated. Secondly, this is another poorly written article.

Liz

Geno Smith is probably not the answer for the Jets, either.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments