Lil Wayne to Emmett Till Fam

I Won't Compare Sex to

Emmett's Murder ... Anymore

5/1/2013 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0501_lil_wayne_launchLil Wayne has APOLOGIZED to the family of Emmett Till ... saying he's sorry their feelings were hurt when he compared the brutal killing of the civil rights icon ... to having rough sex with a woman for a rap song.

Weezy came under fire back in February over a verse he dropped on the song "Karate Chop" ... in which he said, "Pop a lot of pain pills, 'bout to put rims on my skateboard wheels ... beat that p***y up like Emmett Till."

Quick history lesson -- Till was 14 back in 1955 when he was beaten beyond recognition, shot and dumped in a river ... after he was accused of flirting with a white woman in Mississippi. His open-casket funeral and murder trial were early flashpoints in the civil rights movement.

Till's family was outraged -- claiming the lyric "infected the Internet" -- and demanded Wayne apologize.

Now, Wayne has kinda sorta obliged ... saying in a letter to the Till fam, "It has come to my attention that lyrics from my contribution to a fellow artist's song has deeply offended your family."

He continues, "I would like to take a moment to acknowledge your hurt, as well as the letter you sent to me via your attorneys."

Translation -- I'm sorry you're offended.

Wayne does say, "As a father myself, I cannot imagine the pain that your family has had to endure."

He goes on to say he supports Epic Records' decision to remove the song from the web ... and that he'll never rap about Till again.

IwuvTMZ

Let's not do that anymore.

Bwoy dem

it took him 3 months to eat crow like a man... eff him!

Truth is

If the seizures cease, it was Emmett's ghost

YungOne

Easy way to get a man to apologize...hit him where it hurts...his wallet.

BradDavis

Karma.

Bonniebelle

Hope he dies. Praying for his peaceful death. Karma

LaTish

Why didn't Al Shaprton and Rev Jesse Jackson blast Lil Wayne on all of the major news networks and call for boycotting Lil Wayne's music just like they blasted Don Imus and got Don Imus fired when Imus made an insensitive remark about black female ball players. I'm Black and it makes me sick that Al Sharpton & Rev Jesse Jackson don't hold our own accountable especially when Lil Wayne had total disregard for something that was so horrific in Black History. What Lil Wayne did was more offensive than what Don Imus did. The Black Race is the dumbest race on this planet and I no longer have Black Pride but Black Shame of what our race has become.

JDoors

"Wayne closes, "I have tremendous respect for those who paved the way for the liberty and opportunities that African-Americans currently enjoy.""

Translation:

"I respect the struggles of the past, but I'm too f'n stupid to realize that comparing beating up a vagina [ed. Which is disrespectful to women] to the brutal and fatal beating Till received and which changed the course of civil rights in this country, could be in any way disrespectful - somebody way smarter than I am finally suggested I should apologize for being that f'n stupid and that f'n disrespectful, so I apologize for that."

bob_bitchin

Ok enuff of Lil' Turd. He needs to die already

Bird

Having your PR guy write a half-assed non-apology just adds more insult to the situation. Lil Wayne is a jackass.

oleman

this is music????? No wonder there is so much violence goin on!

Celeb Gossip Addict

You neglected to mention the endorsement deal the Till family was aiming at. That is when he posted the apology after people have been giving him strife for the line for months now.

BradDavis

And Obama is now providing abortion pills to 15 year old girls...

patsfan4life

Did he apologize before, after or during the seizure?

LOL!

People need to stop being *****s! These idiots are part of the pussification of America!! I tired of people crying every time someone says something they dont like, protesting at reebox, sending out letters from their attorney demanding apologies! Stop being big f,ing ********* S! America is getting so soft, toughen up people, it's just a lyric in a stupid song! 80% of people don't even know who emmitt till is! They probably didn't even know what the hell he was talking about with that verse! Grow up and find something more constructive to do other than worry about what some rapper says in a song!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments