Reese Witherspoon's Cop Hat

IT'S A KNOCKOFF!

And Police Say It's Ugly Too

5/6/2013 12:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0505_reese_witherspoon_splash
The Atlanta Police Dept. tells TMZ ... they DID NOT give Reese Witherspoon a free hat after her arrest -- in fact, cops say the "A.P.D." cap she was wearing this weekend is nothing more than a CHEAP, UGLY KNOCKOFF!

We spoke to Senior Officer Stanionis from the Public Affairs office of the APD, who told us point blank -- "We did not give her that hat. We have no idea where she got that hat."

"In fact, that’s an awful hat," Stanionis continued ... "Looks like a patch glued onto a hat and it’s not a good one."

Wearing a phony police hat??? That is beyond ...

ashes

As an atlanta citizen let me tell you who the freak cares if she got arrested for public intoxication... i mean bet half the people insulting have had a dui or some much more serious things. Also the police department does suck in atlanta trust me as someone who has partied with quite a few of the pd Atlanta is the worse state for cops. I don't care if she was drunk and got arrested but I do care that the police department thinks it is ok to let videos be released or that they care if a hat is fake I mean really with all the deaths and crimes in Atlanta that is the best you have to focus on. I never understood why when my sister became a lawyer she moved to dc and said the cops in Georgia are so horrible then I grew up and understood.

Zack Buice

The hat is absolutely real. I am from Atlanta. I'm sure one of the jailers gave it to her in exchange for an autograph. Damn, lying ass cops, that's all they do.

Mary G

She's an actress. She can dress in character.

iimki

I could be wrong, however, my take on that hat is she is mocking the Atlanta Police Department. Just a guess!!

Kaveman

TMZ, they neighborhood bully. This chick confessed and apologized, now leave her alone.

CoconutScrimp

Ugh! Let it die TMZ!!

Mike

Gee, Senior Officer Stanionis , maybe she's just trying to show that she supports the local PD after she embarrassed herself while drunk and got arrested. Be happy when anybody shows support for the local PD. You guys often make it really difficult to support you. As for the hat, Senior Officer Stanionis sounds like he personally owns the hat concession and is pissed that he missed out on his cut. Dude, it's a hat. Move along.

Sherron

She looks absolutely stupid! Maybe having this last baby did eat her brain...

Mack_D

Funny how people on here are saying "leave her alone", but when someone black commits an offense, they get chastised to the grave! America... the home of Hypocrites!!

BellaJ

TMZ when did you become the effing Fashion Police?!!

nof

Wait, you called Atlanta.

Actually CALLED Atlanta?!

To see if Reese was wearing an AUTHENTIC cap?

You've THAT MUCH TIME on your hands ...

static

Like I said yesterday she's goofing on the Atlanta PD She's nothing more than an arrogant condescending little twit.

BellaJ

She made a mistake, she has apologized and thankfully no one got hurt. She is totally humiliated. What more do you want from her? Whatever, I still like her. I feel confident she's learned her lesson and will be using a paid driver the next time she and her hubby go out for drinks.

SusanCoyote

How did this hillbilly hide "crazy" all these years?

BellaJ

And lastly, doesn't this Senior Officer have more important things to do than give snarky comments to TMZ?!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments