Kris Kross Funeral

Daddy Mac Breaks Down

'I Know Chris Is in Heaven'

5/9/2013 10:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

050913_chris_kelly_funeral_v2_launch

Kris Kross rapper Chris "Daddy Mac" Smith broke down in tears today during the funeral for his former KK partner Chris Kelly -- telling the congregation, "It's been like a struggle for me every day ... I know Chris is in heaven."

During the service, which took place at a Baptist church in Atlanta, Smith said, "He was a true friend ... I just wanna say I love you man ... and I'm gonna miss you dearly."

He added, "My life  ... it ain't ever gonna be the same, but I just hope our legacy for hip-hop is never forgotten. I'm gonna do my part to make sure Chris' legacy will live on."

The funeral was filled with Chris Kelly's famous friends -- including R&B singer Keke Wyatt and the members of Xscape, all of whom performed songs.

Jermaine Dupri
and rapper Da Brat were also present. Da Brat was wearing her pants backwards as a tribute to the dead rapper.

0509-da-brat-dennis-bryon-chris-kelly-tmz
As we reported, Chris was pronounced dead last Wednesday after his body was found unresponsive in his Georgia home. His mother told police he'd been doing a mixture of cocaine and heroin the night before, and had an "extensive history of drug use."

Chris -- AKA "Mac Daddy" -- was 34.

0509_chris_kelly_funeral_photos_launch

NFL

Nice to see Da Brat dressed in a respectable funeral attire. Ghetto.

dreamer4u

These "mourners" are making a spectacle of themselves! He was a drug addict who loved drugs more than his life..let him go!

Max

All these speakers are doing is talking about themselves. Looks like they're all just trying to get a few minutes on camera rather than remembering the junkie who died.

Eric

If there is a god, and if that god has a direct infuence on a person's day to day life, it seems that he didn't like Chris Kelly very much.

B Real

For anyone to speak negative of someone's family member, friend or associate who passed away is totally heartless. Whatever a man sows that he shall also reap.(your negativity is coming back to YOU for sure. Rip Chris Kelly....

Im2real32

It dont matter why he died but he did so if u dont want to here it dont listen and by the way shut the **** up

Buddy The Elf

Sad.
Also sad I have NO IDEA who any of the D-listers singing or attending this are ...

Tim

Dead black celebrity. I wonder if Jesse Jackson is in the first or second row?

mary

How many of these people told him NOT to do drugs? And wearing your clothes backwards? What does that state, other than you live your life backwards?

B Real

At least when Chris Kelly died everyone knew that he lived. Will everyone know that you lived when your time comes?

Ymets2k02

Its ashame they all die to young due to drugs , people will never learn its just an on going circle

Kittiwitti

Wow, obviously those that are screaming about how they're dressing doesn't know the actual group it's self. That was one of the main things that got them popular was wearing their **** backwards. Honestly, this guy wasn't that big. Their duo group wasn't that big either. A one hit wonder in my book. I completely forgot about this guy till he kicked the bucket. Sad to see him go, but usually doing drugs never has a good out come, so for that I'm not shedding any sympathy.

Ness

WOW, that choked me right up! RIP Chris.....

PJ in Texas

sorry 'Daddy Mack" but I don't think Chris is in Heaven.

NUNURBUSINESS

It's such a disgrace that you would even take pictures AND post them online!