'Jersey Shore' Ronnie

My Kidneys Were Ticking

Time Bombs

5/9/2013 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0508_ronnie_ortiz-margo_tmz_article1
Ronnie from "Jersey Shore" just survived something more painful than a summer with Snooki -- 10 agonizing days in the hospital with kidney stones ... TMZ has learned.

Sources in Ronnie Magro's camp tell us the 27-year-old got out of a Florida hospital Wednesday after undergoing two surgeries to treat kidney stones ... and more.

Ronnie initially went in for the stones, but we're told docs discovered he was born with a hereditary disorder that's also fouling up his kidney function.

Doctors still haven't cleared Ronnie to fly -- so he's stuck in FL for the time being.

Btw, we're told Sammi "Sweetheart" was with Ronnie for his entire 10-day hospital stay ... so they probably broke up at least twice.

IwuvTMZ

That punch didn't help.

BB not bb

What sort of hereditary disorder gives you messed up kidneys? I think they are just saying that because he is so young with kidney stones. I think it is his diet that messed up his kidneys, as in drinking himself silly every night.

An operation like that hs to hurt. I think I would rather just pass them naturally and feel the sharp pain. Then you are tired for wekks afterwards, but it is over with. They probabl just cut his stones out of the ducts.

NOT ELMO

camp tell us the 27-year-old got out of a Florida hospital Wednesday after undergoing two surgeries to treat kidney stones ... and more...................Did He have a Sex Change too...

BB not bb

The other thing is that they know this guy has money. They can operate on whatever unknown illness they can imagine, and they know he can cover the bill. You can see the result of rich people and surgeons with all of the messed up faces in Hollywood.

bored

poor guy

Phishie from Philly

They weren't kidney stone, someone just shoved meatballs up his as.s. You know,
(Meet ahh my balls)
Phishie from Philly

Ivy

That sucks. He probably has PKD, that is a genetic disorder that causes kidney problems. My husband has it, and he gets kidney stones, and pisses blood. It's awful. It's basically like cirrosis of the liver. Your life expentancy is like, 50 years old. :/

BB not bb

I think passing a kidney stone feels like getting poked in the side with a pole. Then you just have to recover from whatever got ripped up when it happened.

If you get surgery or the sound waves breaking up your stones, who is to say what else will get damaged in the process? Once the stone passes, the pain is gone but if you get a procedure, you have to heal from whatever that caused.

I am thinking that all of these procedures cost like $40,000 with staying in the hospital and doctor's fees. You could get through it for free at home and just drink bok choi vegetable soup and fast.

Mysic_beats2013

Kidney stones ain't no joke If you never had them before

Lmao

I'm wondering if he'll be on dialysis. I'm not wishing iton him but it would be kinda nice to see a celeb bring awareness to how hard something like this is for people. I just wonder how low his kidney function really is because if it's 11% or lower (mine are 10%) he could be in deep trouble. Fortunately for him, not all kidney damage is permanent (mine is unfortunately) so he could still get better, I'm definitely following this story.

truthteller

She was probably green with envy from all tha attention he was gettin from nurses

Fredsicles

Please I had kidney stones while 8 months pregnant. Big deal. It's ashame about the disease tho

patsfan4life

This guys kidneys got messed up as a result of his steroid use. It sucks that he had to endure all that pain, but he chose to use steroids so like any drug user he has to deal with the consequences

cultwatch

Sucker-punching d-bag- hope it hurt a lot and keeps on hurting. Karma beyatch.

Swimfan

So he's got kidney stones... at least he's lost that bitch Sammi Sweetheart who was bustin his balls

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments