« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dick Trickle 911 Call

'There's Gonna Be a Dead Body'

5/17/2013 5:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

051713_dick_trickle_911_v2_launch
Dick Trickle

TMZ has obtained the 911 call made by the NASCAR driver moments before he shot himself. In the call, Trickle gave the dispatcher very detailed instructions about where to find the body at Forest Lawn Cemetery in North Carolina.

When the dispatcher asked Trickle if he was calling about someone else, Trickle replied, "No, I'm the one."

The operator begged Trickle to wait for help ... but her pleas went unanswered.

When emergency personnel arrived at the scene, Trickle's body was discovered right where he said it would be.

Officials say Trickle died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

0516_dick_trickle_remembering_footer_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sandra

This is incredibly sad. I'm so sorry for his family and those he left behind who loved him.

Brandacej

So very sad. I can not imagine being that desperate and alone. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

R34

And just when I thought TMZ couldn't get any lower... Absolutely pathetic, Harvey.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I'm not going to listen and of course, sorry for his family. But how traumatic for the 911 operator...

nan

Thats horrible .My condolences to his family that has to cope with this as well as the dispatcher.

Calico

Wow - how incredibly sad.
Now he's with the Head Honcho Dale Sr.
: (

Shoozie

It's terrible when anyone commits suicide. He did it in a cemetery which leads me to think that a loved one is there and he wanted to be with them. Sad, sad, sad. Rest in Peace, Sir.

WiddoMouse

TMZ has sunk to a new low. Their idea of a story has turned into celebrity diarrhea. If you have to think twice about whether or not a story is appropriate, don't run it.

sita edwards

Omg. This poor man, to feel so haunted by personal demons is heartbreaking to hear of, no body should ever have to feel that way. I hope he is truly at peace now

Kath

ITA. This is despicable to be posting this. This is private, heartbreaking and the family shouldn't have to worry about it being out in the public. Shame on you TMZ.

PLZ4THEloveofGOD

What I want to know is......Well, so much. My father did the same thing in 1995 and the at A Cemetery in South Carolina. Now, he told me he was going to do it. said he knew about when it would happen...years go by and it happened.Why there at the Cemetery and why????????

paul a.

well, good for him.

he went the way he wanted to.

we should all be so lucky......

Marisa

"Dick Trickle sounded extremely calm for a man planning to kill himself when he called 911 yesterday and told the operator, "There's going to be dead body ... suicide.""

My sister volunteered as an operator for a suicide prevention hotline and one of the things she's described is how calm some people who claim they're going to kill themselves can sound.

Ipromoteviolence

Harvey is worst than a drug dealer jus cause people wanna see or hear things like this doesn't mean we should have some respect

speakMYbrain