Justin Bieber

Booed

at Billboard Music Awards

5/20/2013 6:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

052013_beiber_billboard_launchJustin Bieber was straight up BOOED at the Billboard Music Awards last night ... and not like 1 or 2 people ... it was a straight up CHORUS of boos ... and it made Justin super uncomfortable.

It all went down when Cee Lo called on Bieber to receive the first ever Milestone Award -- but when Bieb got to the stage, the crowd turned on him.

Of course, there were some screams from the hardcore Bieber fans ... and JB managed to silence the haters for a minute by thanking Jesus Christ (who's gonna boo JC?) ... but overall, more boos than a haunted house.

As for the Bieber/Selena Gomez situation, the two were NOT seated together during the show -- despite a pre-show photo of the seating arrangement that suggested they would be.

Instead, she was kickin' it with Taylor Swift ... and didn't stand when Bieber's name was called for the Top Male Artist Award.

0520_selena_sub

Sandra

I don't like Justin Bieber. I don't think I know more then two songs but this crowd is unacceptable and inmature. It is darn hard to give a speech. Regardless what he may have done in the past he handled himself well yesterday.

dee

In this category the fans voted. I voted for Bruno mars,however I felt really bad for justin.I mean you don't have to like him just give him respect hes accepting an award.Yes he has done some pretty bad things lately but haven't we all at 19.And he was right the award wasn't about his behavior it was about his music and a lot of people felt he should win because it was a fan vote.

Carol

Sounds like his excuse for being reckless is, "I'm 19".

Cielo

Wake up call for JB. To justify his stupidity because of his age and thanks Jesus for his success is a cliché not for him. He should say" Thanks for the fans supporting me no matter how stupid I am"

dee

I was indifferent to him until he let his Pet Monkey to rot in another Country. That's when his True Colors were bright to see. He's a little douchebag.

Cecilia

Hope this was a wakeup call to him that it's 14:59. He has a shot of staying relevant long term, but he needs to get rid of ALL destructive influences (including but not limited to...the hangers-on he calls friends, any substances he uses/abuses regularly, and all yes men who do nothing but kiss his butt) He also needs to scale down his lifestyle...less fancy cars, entourage, probably a smaller house, spend less...) Of he does that, he has a shot at having a decent, lengthy career (not at top level) and being comfortably well off. Having said that, I doubt he'll do any of that, and he'll be bankrupt in 5 years is my bet.

dee

Left*

josie

I think Justin and Ceelo shop for clothes at the same place. LOL

Laura

He's never going to be taken seriously as a musician--this boo fest was probably one of the better nights his career will ever see. As soon as he and the Beliebers reach their 20's, it's over for him. And all the little leeches that live for free off of him might actually have to get jobs.

YouDontSay

Selena was on her feet clapping so you got that wrong. He is 19. I am old so not into his music but he is right the personal crap is just that. But hopefully he has had is eyes opened to realize he needs to hold onto his money and invest because his career may be short lived.

William

He should be BOOED! anyone in the music business know's this kid can't sing. He has made it simply off his good looks & thats it.

luckycat

huh...give respect to a no talent ungrateful cu.nt.
my cat's litter box has more appeal.
I'm sure Jesus was offended to the max-blasphemy to the max.
His craft is syrup, drugs,and wanna-be thugdom.
Give him 24 hrs on the street in Chicago and Detroit
and the wonder bread would surface.
RAPED AND THEN SHOT.
Justin remember PIT BULLS ALWAYS TURN and KILL.

Papichulo168

I not too crazy about Justin Bieber but I didn't hear any booing and Selena was standing up with the rest of the audience when Justin received the award. wtf is the tmz spin?

SarahBeebee

Can't wait till he loses his Looks and is not considered CUTE anymore. then the legions of female teen fans will abandon him and forget all about him just like they did with the jonan brothers, zac effron and all the others before him. Once these teen heart throbs get ugly. their fans abandon ship. lol

Fred Thompson

He thinks he is a wrapper - a white rapper. Basically he is a ridiculous individual.