Ellen & Portia

Drop $26.5 Million

On Astounding Cali Mansion

5/22/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0521_ellen_degeneres_montecito_mansion_launch_v2
It's the kinda house 99.999% of the world will never see ... let alone OWN -- but TMZ has learned, Ellen DeGeneres and her wife Portia de Rossi just purchased this $26.5 million mansion in Santa Barbara.

The deal went through last week, and words can't do justice to how insane this house is -- it's 10,522 square feet ... located in Montecito, which has some of the most beautiful vistas in Cali.  It's got 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms ... and it sits on 13 ACRES.

Oh yeah, it's also got NINE fireplaces ... and even the pool's got an ocean view.

And if that weren't crazy enough, it's just the latest house Ellen has added to her arsenal -- she also owns several other properties in the Los Angeles area, including homes in Beverly Hills and Hidden Valley.

Annnnnnd now we feel poor. Thanks, Ellen.

DogsRule

LOVE IT!!!

paul a.

Ive been accused of being a homophobe many times and perhaps I am, but I have always loved Ellen, her comedy and her humanity.
She and Portia (hot!) seem like such a nice couple and I wish them all the best.

Turk182

2 people do not need 10,000 Sq Ft. of living space. This is part of what's wrong with our world these days. It's embarrassing.

Carl

Congrats! Enjoy. Be happy! Love life! Love.

Sharfin

I don't like Ellen anymore, the other day on her show she was talking about the huge powerball jackpot, she said to make sure and buy your tickets and that she already bought hers !!! If you can afford a 26 million dollar house why are you playing the lottery !! I mean really that just burned me up.

MadTatter

I'm guessing they're not heading to Ikea to pick up some new end tables or fake plants to decorate the new digs.

Tom

hey why don't you help out the poor...why don't u stop assuming they don't help the poor...when you don't know what they do with their money other than this house. Makes you look silly for judging w/o knowing the facts...you would think you're claiming to be God knowing everything.

jason

As a gay guy, I don't like Ellen or Portia. Ellen has made a lot of money by exploiting the fact that she's gay. Yet, she is known to have homophobes and their supporters on her show. Go away, Ellen.

Jen

Meanwhile, while I work 50+ hours a week to support my injured partner and pay off my student debts...

backfire

They buy to sell. In a year they'll make a couple million on it and move, spiking the price of large homes up up and up... like all the stars do....Reese Witherspoon bought the three surrounding houses to her house in Belaire. The rich buy all the land, take all the apartments in NY and make them into one and leave the overpriced ratholes for everyone else.

Tony Martellini

Really and she along with alllll her LIB friends preach to me at "excess" and carbon footprint? What an ugly dyke HYPOCRITE....walk the walk..lez...

Tony Martellini

Ugly Dyke,,preaches to the common people about carbon footprint,,and "GREEN" while she owns three mansions,,to munch carpet...WALK THE WALK LESBO

Roast

Lovely home, except the kitchen. But knowing Ellen she'll have that ripped out in no time. Looking at all these negative comments I just have to laugh.. what is it the kids say? Haters gonna' hate! Notice a good portion of those comments that are saying it isn't right some people can afford such beautiful things also have to make some comment about them being lesbians. And I think that is the REAL issue. How dare a homosexual couple have something I can't have, isn't that what you really mean? I'm straight and I can't give my wife such a house. I'm very jealous, but I'm not envious. That is the difference. I'm jealous = I wish I had that. Envious = I wish I had that and I hate you because you do. Petty and childish. Portia is a lucky gal that Ellen can give her such things. Ellen is lucky to have such a sweet and beautiful wife to put in it. Hurrah for them both. Get off your high horses because you know if you had the money you wouldn't throw it all away on bums in the street, 95% of whom got themselves there via drugs and alcohol.

Roast

Lovely home, except the kitchen. But knowing Ellen she'll have that ripped out in no time. Looking at all these negative comments I just have to hate.. what is ti the kids say? Haters gonna' hate! Notice a good portion of those comments that are saying it isn't right some people can afford such beautiful things also have to make some comment about them being lesbians. And I think that is the REAL issue. How dare a homosexual couple have something I can't have, isn't that what you really mean? I'm straight and I can't give my wife such a house. I'm very jealous, but I'm not envious. That is the difference. I'm jealous = I wish I had that. Envious = I wish I had that and I hate you because you do. Petty and childish. Portia is a lucky gal that Ellen can give her such things. Ellen is lucky to have such a sweet and beautiful wife to put in it. Hurrah for them both.

elysummers

Love it. I would have to re-do the kitchen, but that's just me. I can't be mad at Ellen for spending that kind of money, she gives away more money every day on her show than I make in a year. Her heart is in the right place.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments