Stone Temple Pilots

Sues Scott Weiland

You Torpedoed Our Tour!

5/24/2013 4:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0524_Scott-Weiland_tmz
Stone Temple Pilots
claims Scott Weiland screwed the band out of millions of dollars and now it's looking forward to a very important date -- in court.

The band claims Weiland sabotaged it's 20th anniversary tour by being chronically late for performances and missing promotional gigs.  The band also claims in the lawsuit Weiland had a plan to seize all the glory, to the point he wouldn't even communicate with band members.  They say Weiland's plan was simple -- "hijack" the tour.

The band had actually fired Weiland in February and hired the lead singer of Linkin Park to replace him, but they claim Weiland got vindictive and tried to interfere with the release of its new single.

Stone Temple Pilots is asking for unspecified damages.

update_bar
12:00 PM PST -- Scott released a statement on his website, as an open letter to fans, saying:

"Like any band that's stood the test of time and made music for more than two decades, STP had a special alchemy - the four of us together were greater than any one of us apart. So if my former bandmates want to tour with a new singer, that's their prerogative."

He adds, "I don't give a f**k what they call themselves, but it's not Stone Temple Pilots."

Toasty J

Earth to Stone Temple Pilots...
Earth to Stone Temple Pilots...
Scott Weiland is a drug addict.

IwuvTMZ

So petty.

TheEric

STP wouldn't make millions on a tour if they won the lottery at every stop they made.

JustAnotherFatAmerican

Drugs are bad, m'kay?

su

ever meet the guy in person? DOUCHE addict. too bad dr. drew isn't shilling rehab any longer, he could've been famous!

James R. - Los Angeles

I don't memba them.

fckupd

Lets get this straight. "Stone Temple Pilots IS NOT Stone Temple Pilots Without Scott Weiland PERIOD"! If the rest of the band thinks there doing a 20th anniversary tour minus SW there delusional.

Lakuetene

Good for them. Scott W stated he didn't want to tour and do the greatest hits. And what is he doing now? Touring and doing "crackerman" etc., poorly in my opinion. What a money-grubbing hypocrite. I was a big Scott W fan before all of this happened. No more.

Dave the Canuck

STP should've ditched, or left Weiland in the ditch long ago.

Greg

Ok, I've been a fan of rock n roll music for years. Here's what I've learned: Heroin addicts are not reliable.

Also, Slash said he'd never work with Scott again "too much drama".

Greg

Jorwho

Sw there is a thing called karma! Watch your crack head ass!

HappYdayZ

Word is Scott is now actually a really bad alcoholic, the kind that shakes in the morning until he gets his , kicked heroin only to replace it with alcohol..

killspree

I was on Scott's side until I saw him on the "Purple to the Core" tour. I'm now on the band's side. Scott is a complete mess. He was late to the show and completely drunk and/or high off his ass. It was rather embarrassing for the rest of his backup band quite frankly. Look at the concert reviews on ticketmaster.com. Every show people are saying what a horrible performance it was.

I don't blame STP for firing Scott at all anymore.

roll3567

The deleo bros are amazing talents, but there is no stp without scott.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments