United Airlines

Accused of Exposing Girl

To Masturbating Passenger

5/30/2013 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

053013_gloria_allred_launch
United Airlines has just been accused of allowing a male passenger to masturbate next to a 17-year-old girl on board one of its flights last year.

Monica Amestoy -- now 18 -- has filed a lawsuit against UA, claiming she was flying back to L.A. from a high school debate tournament in New York last October when the incident occurred.

According to Amestoy, represented by Gloria Allred, a male passenger seated across the aisle from her exposed his penis to her during the flight ... and masturbated.

Amestoy says she complained to a flight attendant multiple times -- and the flight attendant did nothing to stop the man from continuing his behavior ... she wasn't moved, and the passenger wasn't addressed in any way.

Amestoy says the man briefly stopped masturbating while the flight attendant was nearby, but quickly resumed once the flight attendant left.

According to Allred, the man in question has since been arrested, prosecuted, and convicted in connection with the alleged crime. Allred says the man has also been ordered to register as a sex offender.

Amestoy is suing for negligence, false imprisonment, and intentional infliction of emotional distress -- demanding unspecified damages. A rep for United Airlines tells us, "The comfort and security of our customers is our top priority, and we will closely review this complaint when we receive it."

Tony

somebody's gotta be that guy ... might as well be the first and start a new club.. the mile low club ?

JMP

How to make a quick buck, #368.

Deweycheatemandhow

Elaine: "He took it out"
"What"? Jerry said
Elaine: "He took...it out"

Not making fun of sexual abuse. Just reminding people it happens a lot more than you think and we need to skip being judgmental. Commuting into Manhattan on the subway this was a pretty common occurrence, happened on beach, and even on dates. When my friends and I were young we would just freeze up and move away but remember, every person has a different reaction. If it happened today, I would make a big scene. Then again, the airlines have lots of money, I have a lot of animals to save so i might just ignore it...then call Gloria

Jeff

So, you'd have to be a terrorist before they would move on the issue. Freaking unbelievable.

BB not bb

I am very happy for this girl that she got justice. It is hard to even prove a rape. I am wondering how she managed to prove this and get a conviction.

This kind of thing happens a lot. If men are not literally pulling out everything to have their experience, they just sit and stare like the whole thing is going on in their minds. They are like psychic sexual vampires sucking the sexual energy out of women forced to be around them. Even women do this to other women.

I am sick of this sick and sexually depraved society. People have no decorum, no respect and no decency. It is like Sodom and Gomorrah with only a fine line from here to all out anarchy.

I hope this girl takes her case as far as she can and makes an example of people who seek to exploit innocent women minding their own business.

BB not bb

Here is the thing. Passengers need to start boycotting these sexual eploitation coaches. Not only are they moelsting and groping everyone from little old ladies to toddlers in the TSA lines, rumaging through peoples bras and underpants and other personal items, and taking nude pictures of them on scanners, now they are forcing people to watch masturbation during the flight and saying "it sucks"??!!!!!!

Okay enough is enough. Don't fly. Don't take this abuse. Charter private flights, take a bus, rent a car, don't give thse perverts any more money.

BB not bb

Excuse me, TSA, FAA? Isn't this sexual terrorism? This young innocent girl didn't know whether she would be raped or kidsapped or what when she got off the plane. She was subjected to sexual abuse and humiliation for the whole flight, essenctially trapped with a derranged pervert who was clever enough to conceal his demented activity.

If they are going to put people through every search imaginable just to protect them during the flight, what about this girl then? She was not protected at all and she was being threatened and abused in flight.

They really got the wrong girl to abuse this time. She is a debating champion, so I think she will know how to present her case. I am rooting for her 100%.

What was this girl supposed to do to defend herself while the staff said they had to leave passenger disputes up to themselves? Should she have started causing a scene? Then she would have been strapped down and arrested.

If she made jokes about his penis, which she doesn't look crass enough to do. would that have helped? People say that that will make men stop. To me, it is just giving them a pat on the back. I don't think sexual abuse is funny at all.

I am thinking what you could do in this situation. Maybe turn and say very loud to him, "Why do you have your penis out and under that blanket?" Then keep repeating it until other people get alarmed and he gets embarrassed.

At least he admitted that he did it. It was probably some guy with a mental problem.

mar1ey

The Smoking Gun reported this in May of 2011 and the girl was 18 at the time she gave her statement. There were two guys behind the man, and one of them hit him with a book and he stopped and went to the bathroom. In her statement to the FBI she does not say that she reported the behavior to flight attendants. Clearly they took it seriously, for the man was arrested by the FBI. I know it must have been very traumatic for her, no one should have to deal with that type of behavior, but to sue for negligence is extreme.

robin

money grubbing biotch

boo hooo

Too ****ing bad it is a year later..****ing stupid to come out a year later..sounds like a to ****ing bad to me and deal with it now.

Laura

DUDE, she was 17! I'd be suing them too if that was my kid!

FlamingoNut

First, I would've whipped out my camera. Second, I would've notified everyone is the area of what he was doing. Someone would've punched his lights out I'd bet...

RD

If Allred is your lawyer, you actually have no case. You're just trying to shake someone down.

Jenna5960

I don't know what actually happened but I hope there was proof of some kind and not just someone else's word taken for the truth. If there's no proof, anyone could be charged with something like that.

Choose Laughter

The airlines have not received a complaint but its ***ming!!!!!!!