New Kids on the Block

Canada Concert Canceled

Over Border Dispute

6/4/2013 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0604-new-kids-on-the-block-getty
Blame Canada ... a New Kids on the Block concert tonight in Ottawa has been canceled ... after several trucks carrying equipment for the NKOTB tour were held up at the Canadian border.

A rep for NKOTB's "The Package Tour" tells TMZ, several gear trucks carrying production equipment -- like lighting and other prop stuff -- as well as key crew members were delayed at the Canadian border for such a long time ... tour officials were forced to pull the plug on tonight's show.

The rep wouldn't specify why the trucks were held up -- but did say the band members arrived in Canada safely ... and on time.

We also spoke with someone at Canadian Border Patrol ... who was also looking into the incident.

As for tonight's show ... it's been postponed to tomorrow.

Story developing ...

angel

It wasn't cancelled, it has been rescheduled - big difference morons!!

RealAsTheyCome!

Huh?

nuintown

They were afraid they were trying to smuggle back Justin B.

Randy

This is all Justin Beiber's fault. As I mentioned here before, Canada is attempting to keep as many douchebags out of the country as they can by blocking them at the borders and airports. This is all based no his incredible douchebaglike behaviour displayed here so much in this site. Now, these guys may not be on the same level of douchyness as JB, but at one time, they were, and the trail of douchyness still trailing them prohibits their entrance to our fine country. But, as I said, it's all JB's fault, and he's all your's now America. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.I love saying that because it's true.

john

. . . hmmmmm . . . a country that wants to protect its borders . . . what a novel concept . . . .

fenuchi

Why not cross at Blaine? They wave you through. British Columbian girls. Mmm...sounds exotic.

Your S&M Girlfriend

I saw NKOTB when they were on their first tour. I was young and hormonal then. I'd be curious to see them in concert now, but I don't care to relive my youth so I'll just let it pass.

sean

From Canadian Customs website:
"Many travellers fail to declare things like meat, animal hides, live birds, plants, fruit and
crappy boy bands."

Laurin

im going to this concert just to see 98 degrees. you're welcome

Meeka16

Wow some people are just rude and haters.......jealous much.....as long as they make the Toronto show I am good......can't wait to see them again

Fred Farkel

It's hardly worth it to cross the border to Canada anymore. The Canadian border patrol is completely out of control. I have tickets and backstage passes to see Alice Cooper in Ontario Canada in about a month and we are leaving one day early for what should be a 30 minute drive across the border.

jtw

The article states that they were held up---yet got there "on time"---so why cancel the concert?

Jules Destaing

Canada Customs heard they were trying to smuggle "Justin Bieber" back into Canada !!!

Nyd

So what, we SECURE our boarders unlike you dummies.

IceGypsy

They prob didn't believe NKOTB were actually touring lol

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments