'Parker Lewis' Star

SUES Filmmakers Over

Leg-Shattering Boat Crash

6/13/2013 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0611-corin-nemec-rise-dinosaursCorin Nemec -- star of the '90s sitcom "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" -- is suing the filmmakers he claims are responsible for the boating accident that mangled his leg, insisting it's THEIR fault he suffered permanent injuries ... and now he's out for payback.

As we previously reported, the accident occurred in January in Belize -- Nemec was riding on board a boat to the set of B-horror movie "Rise of the Dinosaurs" ... when the vessel slammed violently into a submerged barge.

Nemec told us the crash sent him flying into the side of the boat -- and as a result, he broke his femur in 3 places, lost TONS of blood, and needed emergency surgery (including blood transfusions) to keep him alive.

0208_parker_lewis_leg_01
Now Nemec has filed a lawsuit, claiming the filmmakers were negligent in hiring an operator who drove the boat recklessly. And to make matters worse, Nemec claims the filmmakers weren't even carrying required worker's comp insurance.

The suit says the accident left Nemec with permanent injuries ... and that six months later, he's still being treated. He's suing for unspecified damages, exceeding $25,000.

We reached out to the production company behind the film ... no word back so far.

0823_celebrity_injuries_footer_v2

I LOVE MY NIPPLES

Hey TMZ NOBODY even knows who this fool is! What did MOESHA have for breakfast today? Thats about how relevant this story is..CHRIST!

Spicy mag

He can't lose the case.

jensambo

Now that sounds like a good reason to sue. Unlike all these bogus lawsuits you hear about all the time. I hope he wins.

cobrazombie

So he's asking for the entire budget of this dino doodoo movie?

pizzapizza

He is an under used actor.

It me.....from Vegas

LOL!! I just watched that movie this weekend!! I would have sued for being THAT BAD OF A MOVIE!!!

john talone

I broke my leg in 2007 ,I need a Plate,a Rod and 12 Screws in my Leg.It didn't heal the right way,so i needed a Bone Graph,finally healed in in the middle of 2010.(3 1/2) .Years.

Your S&M Girlfriend

I don't think asking $25 K seems like such an exorbitant amount. That injury is going to take a lot of healing and therapy to get anywhere near back to normal. The film company is insured. It's not like he's trying to extort anyone.

Buddy The Elf

I'm pretty sure Parker lost.

eicarr

At least the movie produced looks like it was worth lifelong injuries.

Raine

could you fkn warn us before you accost our eyeballs with nasty ****? thank you.

Mayu

I like Corin Nemec and he definitely deserves compensation for this injury. Not only was someone else at fault... but I saw the movie... definitely not worth the pain he had to suffer. I do hope he gets back to making movies soon. Usually his Syfy movies aren't as bad as this one was.

User

I hope his injuries don't end up as permanent as he thinks.