« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ric Flair's Son

Died From Heroin Overdose

... Autopsy Shows

6/14/2013 2:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0614-reid-flair-facebookReid Flair -- son of wrestling legend Ric Flair -- died from an accidental overdose of heroin and other drugs ... this according to an official autopsy report released today.

As TMZ previously reported ... 25-year-old Flair was pronounced dead on March 29 after his father discovered him out cold in a Charlotte, NC hotel room.

According to the autopsy report ... traces of the muscle relaxant clonazepam and Xanax (anti-anxiety medication) were also found in Reid's system.

Reid -- who had just returned from a wrestling stint in Japan -- had struggled with heroin in the past ... according to several reports, he overdosed 3 times in 2 years.

After the report was released this morning, Ric told the Charlotte Observer, "I loved him ... He should have been on top of the world, but he was fighting a battle he couldn’t win."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

jarhead333

Hahahahahahaha

Erik

Who will bring the Darwin award to his grave?

Thunderchicken

Couldn't win? or did she mean wouldn't win?

I feel if he had gotten the help he obviously needed then he could have won the battle. I'm not saying it would have been easy but it could have been done.

moxie

He wasn't the first, he won't be the last.

troince

Wooooooo!!

namers

Junk.

John Galt

I interviewed Ric Flair about 30 years ago. He was a very nice guy, just a normal down-to-earth kind of person, nothing like the wrestling villain that he sometimes played. Very sad news about his son. Heroin is a bitch!

Cat

How does one have a accidental overdose? Did he measure the wrong amount and get it wrong!

Elizabeth Alan

Clonazepam and Xanax - they don"t usually give both of these meds, but one or the other. Clonazepam is hard on the heart and can stop the heart.

Lucky_130

I can understand how people develop a drinking problem, but why anyone would choose to start slamming junk is beyond me.

static

As a dad I can't imagine how devastating that has to be.

Stiletto

"died from an accidental overdose of heroin and other drugs"

Oh well, then...flock him.

AreUCrazy

Nothing is accidental when you choose to shoot, snort, pop or inhaling drugs.

Shawn

This is a heartbreaking story. Let's remember he has a family!! So for those of you who are hahahaing you're sick individuals and I hope you and your family never has this happen to you. And if you do I hope you remember your comments. Sadly Karma's a bitch.

KnuckleDragger