Miss Utah

Epic Meltdown

Wants to 'Create Education Better'

6/17/2013 7:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
You Gotta See This!

061713_miss_utah_launchMiss Utah is now in the beauty pageant Hall of Fame -- not because she won Miss USA, but because she bumbled through a cringe-inducing (and hysterical) 30 second answer that included the phrase, "create education better."

Judge Nene Leakes asked Marissa Powell about women in the workplace and equal pay -- which sent 21-year-old Miss Utah into a tailspin of a reply.

She starts out kinda strong, saying ... "I think we can relate this back to education, and how we are continuing to try to strive to ... " -- and then the fail begins.

Pretty sure you can see the smoke coming out of her ears as the implosion begins.

She's really pretty though.

0617_missusa_footer

Nostraldumass

Made more sense than Obama. Ever hear that dude try to answer a question. Uh Uhm er Uhmmm and uh previous admistration. uhm erhum

STFUP

"She's really pretty though"
No. She's a horseface who is wearing 20lbs of makeup. NOT attractive.

Sandy

The poor girl must be mortified! It was painful to watch, but on thd brightside Nobody knows who won but everyone knows who she is.

Carol

She purdy. Ain't that the most important thing here. LOL

dangit

Poor girl, she tried to bluff her way through that one but her mind went blank. For heavens sake, these girls aren't professionals. No one had that happen to them before in their entire life? AND that was a tough question to begin with because you don't very often see men getting paid more than women doing the same job. I don't see it anywhere.

shannon

This may be because I am a blond, but I did not think that was so terrible.

Kabala

Did she get coaching from Sarah Palin?

Lynn

Give the girl a break. This was probably the biggest moment in her life. But she was actually correct with her answer. The households being mentioned are run by single women that have little or no education and the only income is given to them by the government. Yeah she stammered and gave what some consider a stupid answer but she was probably as nervous as hell and having to think on her feet was too much a strain on her.

Horndog

Harvey will announce on today's show that she has just been hired by TMZ as a research assistant..

dangit

@Lauri - my college room mate entered the Miss America pageant and she didn't practice her entire life. She was terrified. And I probably know men are paid the same because I've worked since I was 16 and if a man was paid more than I was my boss would have gotten an earful from me or I walked.

dummy

I think there should be a pageant that forbids plastic surgery. They all look like they're going to melt...

Socratesidiot

Poor thing froze. I love how the audience helped her out. It was awkward, but could've been worse.

Dave

Her frozen moment killed it for her thats ok the woman who won represents my state of CONNECTICUT good luck in the MISS UNIVERSE

lou

White people hilarious

Bruno

She's channeling Sarah Palin!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments