Lil Wayne

FLAG TRAMPLE WAS AN ACCIDENT

I Didn't See It There

6/18/2013 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0618_lil_wayne_flag_youtubeLil Wayne is lying through his diamond-encrusted teeth ... claiming he didn't INTENTIONALLY step on the American flag during a video shoot ... despite the fact he can be seen looking down on Old Glory several times during the performance.

Wayne just tweeted about his controversial video shoot for "God Bless Amerika" in New Orleans ... saying, "I didn't step on the flag on purpose! It's a scene in a video where the flag drops behind me and after it drop it's just there as I perform."

Translation -- I swear it was an accident ... please don't hate me.

Problem is ... during the video, you can see Wayne look down on the flag at several points in the shoot ... yet continues to trample all over the stars and stripes.

So ... you buyin' Weezy's explanation?

heatha

Even if stepping on the flag was an "accident" they should never have let the flag drop to the ground in the first place. The song in itself is disrespectful and the people who support his music after this are ignorant.

Laura

What a lying ass. Little weasel isn't even enough of a man to step up and accept responsibility. The idiot is looking right down at the flag as he's stomping on it!

Dan

What I want to know is how the f#ck is this guy even consider a song artist? Nothing against rap, but my god does he suck. I was mad at what he did to the flag but I actually heard my ears screaming "stop!!!!" when I listened to that.

AMC30

Smh! All this racism is pathetic! Yeah we all agree he's an ******* for stepping on the flag but the monkey calling & all that really isn't necessary! It's plenty of white ppl that r just as stupid as lil Wayne but aren't bashed as bad because their white!!

Bob

The lyrics are awful. Is he illiterate? And what's wrong with his voice? He sounds like Gonzo from the Muppets.

Goeasy0

It's pretty obvious that he step about 30 times and had to lift his feet to keep from tripping on the flag

SLouE

I dont believe it was intentional , but do keep in mind that he was in the moment and in his zone. He miight have noticed when he looked down, but what was he going to do ? Say cut and move the flag. ? It's not that serious people. They have carpets with the design of the American Flag..Are you all just going to criticize everything that a celebrity does because YOU personally aren't living the Lavish life ?

stellarChiCkun

This uneducated douche not only tap dancing on the flag,but doing it in front of CHILDREN whilst that fowl ass trash music is cranked.Sadly looks like no one there knew better....

bigtoneg209

But gladly accepts American money? What a loser.....

j

He knew it was going to go the ground and he planned on stepping on it, otherwise, like a normal person, when it was LET GO, NOT TIED UP AND SECURED by the guys in his production on the
PRE-PLANNED LADDERS, which was STORY-BOARDED BEFORE THE SHOOT, he could have said "no way, as all videos are a series of images thought through, then edited together, (we all have seen "the making of the video" show, duh!!!)

Plus, AmeriKa, see that K? He had this all thought out. He thinks he is "K-K-Klever. We get it and most of us don't buy it.

He is just poisoning small kids minds, he should be ashamed.

My point being, a normal American who knows this country is the best in the world, when they FELT that heaviness of the fabric fall on or around your body like it did would have reacted to it if it had not been pre-planned, kind of like Michael Jacskon hair burning...NOT planned and he re-acted.

This guy, knew it all along, we do not buy it, he is just feeling the heat and is just as his "homies" might say, "skerred". of the backlash.

Or maybe he couldn't see cus' his pants were not around his waist where they should be..."Cus".

Wake up and think before you act like a fool people. Teach you children what is right and wrong and what real RESPECT is...for the love of our country and all that is right with it, not the wrongs.

Just sayin'.

Carl

While I don't think it was a wise thing for him to do, and I disagree with the message, he has every right to do it under the First Amendment. However, if you are going to do that man up and accept responsibility for your actions.

Fat Max

I feel if you are white black brown yellow red or purple if you are an American citizen you should never disrespect the flag doing so shows no respect for the men and women who have given their life for our freedom by desecrating the flag it shows that anyone who is willing to do this is living in the wrong country and doesn't care about the people who have given their life for their country

Kim

Deport him back to where his roots are ..........

jen

effin arse hole....my animals have more repect for americaand the people whoe protect it than this black effin punk....leave the country and take all your black arse punks with you...and all the wiggers.

oink

People did a boycott of the female band Dixie Chicks for making fun of President Bush,

Boycott Lil Wayne the drug addict for dis respecting our United States Flag !

He hates the USA , look at the words in his song. shamefull.